Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 07:58 AM

2 posts, read 1,594 times

Advertisements

I got a sweeper ticket at 7:53am when the sweeper sign says 8am-10am can I fight the ticket, cause I'm so ready to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 08:05 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohorne View Post
I got a sweeper ticket at 7:53am when the sweeper sign says 8am-10am can I fight the ticket, cause I'm so ready to?
they have alternate side in nj? in nyc, its very easy to fight tickets online. its not always easy to win, but i win most of the time. did the person write the time in by hand or is it printed? i think that the time comes right from the system so there is no way that you could be guilty if it says 753am and it doesnt even become illegal to park there until 8am.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:14 AM

2 posts, read 1,594 times
The ticket was printed with the time being 7:53am when the sign says 8am-10am. I came out two minutes later and had the ticket on my windshield.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohorne View Post
The ticket was printed with the time being 7:53am when the sign says 8am-10am. I came out two minutes later and had the ticket on my windshield.
that's really weird. go get 'em!!!

i currently have a "authorized cars only" ticket and a speeding camera ticket violation pending appeals. i think ill win the first but i think they dont want to lose any camera tickets even though i think my case is good. you always fight!

never give up, never surrender!

Old 09-12-2016, 08:44 AM

633 posts, read 581,734 times
I once saw the cops at a back-up midtown tunnel entrance on third avenue in NYC give every car a no-stopping ticket.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBeachBum View Post
I once saw the cops at a back-up midtown tunnel entrance on third avenue in NYC give every car a no-stopping ticket.
i got a ticket in manhattan once for getting stuck by a bunch of pedestrians crossing illegally. i easily could have made the light but because i was stopped for a few seconds, the people started flowing in front of me. i dont drive a lot around manhattan but it seems like there are cops on every damn block in some areas. jerk gave me a ticket. i fought and won that ticket.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:07 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,588,795 times
I was once driving thru midtown Manhattan, used to do it often, and the traffic cop kept blowing his whistle and waving me into driving into a large crowd of pedestrians crossing the street. I think that one needed some vacation time, I just ignored him. Would've made the news if I followed his orders otherwise.

Hey what's this speeding camera nonsense, we don't have any cameras in NJ other than regualr taffic monitoring as far as I know?

Old 09-12-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Hey what's this speeding camera nonsense, we don't have any cameras in NJ other than regualr taffic monitoring as far as I know?
they have set up cameras by schools. the limit is 25 and they will ticket you if you go over 35. this is my 2nd one. i fought and lost the first one. this time i read the law and i feel i have a better shot. however, i think the odds are against me simply because the city doesnt want the system to collapse with someone being able to beat the tickets.

i dont really want to share my defense until i get a response on my appeal. i dont need someone shooting me down right now, ill wait a couple of weeks for my disappointment.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:54 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
they have alternate side in nj? in nyc, its very easy to fight tickets online. its not always easy to win, but i win most of the time. did the person write the time in by hand or is it printed? i think that the time comes right from the system so there is no way that you could be guilty if it says 753am and it doesnt even become illegal to park there until 8am.
I honestly wouldn't fight it. If Garwood court is similar to other town's court, then I would just pay the fine.

I went in with a strong case and after more than 3 hours, i finally called in by the prosecutor and he asked if i plead guilty or not, I said not guilty. I then ask how much longer will I be called by the judge? He said another 2 to 3 hours. I said ok, i plead guilty. He said ok, go out and wait. Another 30 minutes gone by, still waiting. I gave up. I saw the judge aid taking a break and i grabbed her and explained to her that i just want to pay the fine and go. After 15 minutes, she grabbed my file and I paid the ticket.

I wasted a day there and accomplished nothing but wait.

If i plead not guilty, i wouldn't surprise i would have show up the following day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey