Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 05:45 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,951,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Is your mouth watering yet?

This Insalata Capresi looks so good!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 05:57 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
This Insalata Capresi looks so good!!!
It sure does..and that is 100% authentic NJ Tomatoes they are showing you...yumm! By the way..I make the best Bruschetta in all of NJ.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:10 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,040,566 times
i think someone may have mentioned it earlier, but pizza town usa on rt. 46 west in elmwood park is one of the best "by-the-slice" pizza parlors in north jersey. they serve what i consider to be a classic nyc-style slice: thin, crispy crust, tangy sauce sprinkled with plenty of oregano, and a reasonable amount of mozzarella (unlike so many mediocre places that glop on way too much subpar cheese). i wouldn't say it's a top 10 pizzeria when taking into account the entire tri-state area, but it's definitely well above average and one of my favorites in bergen county.

basically, it's the old-school pizza archetype that used to be available on every corner in the city back in the day, but for some reason isn't as common anymore.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:17 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times
Quote:
Is your mouth watering yet?

I'm going to say that I hate you at this moment

Old 07-25-2008, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
I'm going to say that I hate you at this moment

Sorry EB . I'll see if I can find a nice dish made with some fresh Florida Oranges for you

Old 07-25-2008, 02:57 PM

49 posts, read 373,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
Brooklyn, we go to John's boy all the time. Umberto is such a nice guy and the pizza is great. Is Francesa's the new place where Aldo's used to be? We have not tried that yet. For bagels, we like Bagel Emporium in Midland Park.
Yes, Francesca's is the old Aldo's. had the Margherita pie...buffalo mozzarella with plum tomatoes. good stuff.

I'll give Bagel Emporium a shot...Wide World of Bagels (Wyckoff)/Ridgewood Bagels and Bagel Gourmet (Glen Rock) are off the list so far.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:49 PM
EB2

Quote:
Sorry EB . I'll see if I can find a nice dish made with some fresh Florida Oranges for you
Funny thing is, I can't even afford oranges half the time. I usually just wait until the trees in my backyard fruit - but this year was pretty bad.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Funny thing is, I can't even afford oranges half the time. I usually just wait until the trees in my backyard fruit - but this year was pretty bad.
Our plum tree was amazing this year... my anal retentive, OCDed partner counts the plums everyday...we had well over 600! I planted two more plum trees this year...the plums are great for the little critters to munch on plus I throw the worm holed ones in the woods for the deer so they stay away from my other plants. I planted two more apple trees as well... It'll be a few years before they produce anything worth nibbling on. I'm diggin' this country living stuff

Old 07-26-2008, 08:48 AM
EB2

Quote:
Our plum tree was amazing this year... my anal retentive, OCDed partner counts the plums everyday...we had well over 600! I planted two more plum trees this year...the plums are great for the little critters to munch on plus I throw the worm holed ones in the woods for the deer so they stay away from my other plants. I planted two more apple trees as well... It'll be a few years before they produce anything worth nibbling on. I'm diggin' this country living stuff
I still say I'm coming to live in your pool house!

Get all sorts of good food, country living, that horse farm across the street, AND best of all - NJ - lol.

But really - that's awesome. We only have a grapefruit or two, avocado, and several orange trees.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I still say I'm coming to live in your pool house!

Get all sorts of good food, country living, that horse farm across the street, AND best of all - NJ - lol.

But really - that's awesome. We only have a grapefruit or two, avocado, and several orange trees.
You would be more than welcome : ) Having a BBQ/Pool party today if you can make it up in time : ))))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey