Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2014, 05:22 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

I heard on the NJ 101.5 Radio Station the other day, they said, a bill has been passed in NJ to fine people who crueling abuse dogs, a whole lot of money, which is good, but what about all those puppy mills? Why aren't people rallying to shut them down?

I don't and can't for the life of me, understand? These rescues show how abused and fearful these dogs are and are spending billions of dollars a year from donations all across the country on these abused animals...why in the world aren't they shutting these puppy mills down.

We are walking around like robots in our everyday lives and literally ignoring what should and has to be done?

what in the world is wrong with human beings that we are all allowing this to continue, and who is getting paid off to allow this to continue.

Now I know that some rescues are wonderful hardworking loyal people, but....
I dealt with a rescue out of NJ....my first rescue was wonderful....he had been a fear bitter, and had been rehabilitated by a wonderful woman and trainer, who had him for 7 months. He came to me for the last 5 years of his life, and then passed away. Never biting anyone.

So, I adopted another, but, she was a bad bitter, and after a few months returned her, taking the time to write everything down about her, and I mean literally everything!!!!!

I was told this particular rescue was affiliated with a very high end training facility and they would not adopt her back out until she was safe. I trusted them!!!!

3 days after I returned her, there she was up on Pet Finder, and her description read, "We don't know much about her!"

My God, my groomer had me give her sedatives before I bought her in...because she went into red zone...I saw it myself!!!! And I told this rescue about this and every other issue she had in detail...how dangerous she was....and it broke my heart to give her back....and they charged me over 300.00 for her, and the next person to. After I took her they then told me she had been returned twice before me????
Matter of fact, when they bought her out, and gave her to me, I picked her up in my arms and the dog started kissing me. Now I know why the owner tried to stop me...she absolutely had to know this dog was a biter!!!!! So they made over $1,000.00 on that poor little dog, without a blink of an eye? Tell me it's not a business to them to? This is abuse in itself!!!!!

I work with another woman who works for another rescue, and I'm telling you, some of the people running these rescues are just as bad as the abusers. She quit working for them, b/c she got tired of the politics in it. If these rescues are so worried about all these dogs from puppy mills, why aren't they doing something about it to get them shut down? How pathetic is this to allow this to go on? I will never ever trust another rescue again!!!! Am I angry, yes....I am....

So, what is going on out there....and whey are these puppy mills still being allowed to function....this is an insult to our intelligence, what is going on out there? Has everyone in this country gone looney? I mean seriously, this is complete and utter incompetence, all for the sake of money.

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 10-16-2014 at 05:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 08:17 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
would anyone like to comment on this? Where is the outrage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey