Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2014, 05:47 PM

40 posts, read 63,514 times

Advertisements

Iam planning to buy a condo with the below criteria:
1. Budget 150k to 200k. Looking for 2Bed and 1.5+ Bath
2. NYC Train commute friendly
3. Good school district surroundings
4. Should be able to rent quickly. Planning to move to a town home/SFH after 5-7 years
5. In Desi community surroundings (apologies for being so but keeping in mind to rent it)
6. Prefer to be in Middlesex county surroundings. Jersey city/Hoboken are not in preference.
7. Should be less than 30 or 40 yrs old building

Need help in finding the cities and good condominiums apart from Edison.
If Edison is the only choice, please recommend good condominiums where renting experience is higher.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 09:00 PM

300 posts, read 913,547 times
Wynwood Estates in South Brunswick seems to fit all your criteria.
You can compromise school and get little closer to train station by buying condos at Renaissance, Governor's Pointe or Oaks Blvd in North Brunswick.
There are lot of condos in Plainsboro that meets all your criteria but biggest drawback is the size of houses. If are okay with that, Plainsboro is best option for you.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:17 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,444,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_NJ View Post
Iam planning to buy a condo with the below criteria:
1. Budget 150k to 200k. Looking for 2Bed and 1.5+ Bath
2. NYC Train commute friendly
3. Good school district surroundings
4. Should be able to rent quickly. Planning to move to a town home/SFH after 5-7 years
5. In Desi community surroundings (apologies for being so but keeping in mind to rent it)
6. Prefer to be in Middlesex county surroundings. Jersey city/Hoboken are not in preference.
7. Should be less than 30 or 40 yrs old building

Need help in finding the cities and good condominiums apart from Edison.
If Edison is the only choice, please recommend good condominiums where renting experience is higher.

Thank you.
What does renting it out have to do with a Desi Community. I guess I can see wanting to live in a community that is Desi is you are Desi but honestly are they better tenants than other folks?

I am a landlord and rich newylwed, college educated, dual income couples who work full time I find are the best tenants.

Some Ethnic Groups, including Desis have a tendancy to have family members from India visit and and is tansisent and lot of wear and tear. A working American couple are gone 12 hours a day and leave town on vacation and it is unusual ever for a family member to stay over. Almost no wear and tear on apt.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:55 PM

Thanks practicalposts, I will check on that side.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
What does renting it out have to do with a Desi Community. I guess I can see wanting to live in a community that is Desi is you are Desi but honestly are they better tenants than other folks?

I am a landlord and rich newylwed, college educated, dual income couples who work full time I find are the best tenants.

Some Ethnic Groups, including Desis have a tendancy to have family members from India visit and and is tansisent and lot of wear and tear. A working American couple are gone 12 hours a day and leave town on vacation and it is unusual ever for a family member to stay over. Almost no wear and tear on apt.
As I mentioned above, one of the reasons for buying a condo is to rent out in the future. From that perspective I chose Desi's as most probable tenants who may/may not drive but use the train commute.

I would welcome non Desi's too as my tenants when I want to rent out.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:28 PM

414 posts, read 296,225 times
Nassau Square in Kendall Park, South Brunswick is also a good choice. These are multi-level townhouses, but otherwise fit your criteria. The town is quite active with the Desi influx, and far nicer than Edison. Solid resale and rental potential.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion99 View Post
Nassau Square in Kendall Park, South Brunswick is also a good choice. These are multi-level townhouses, but otherwise fit your criteria. The town is quite active with the Desi influx, and far nicer than Edison. Solid resale and rental potential.
Thanks Orion99, I will check that.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:15 PM

Any opinion on condos in East Brunswick (good bus commute option to NYC) and also Waterford - Edison?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey