Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 960 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Flanders for nearly 10 years. We have found the schools to be excellent (very caring teachers), convenient to mass transit if necessary, but still retaining a very nice family-focused suburban atmoshpere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 AM

22 posts, read 330,044 times
Newark NJ has its good and bvad places just like any other city in the nation. Can one honestly say that crime from petty nuisances to murder does not take place in all cities?

I have been a resident of Newark for the last 3 years and have found it a great place to live. I am close to parks, good schools, colleges, hospitals and great restaurants (the Iron Bound is 1 1/2 miles away).

Newark is moving in a great direction, however my family is not close by Moderator cut: no advertising allowed
Have a nice day!!!

Last edited by tahiti; 07-31-2008 at 11:50 AM..

Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 AM

69 posts, read 313,031 times
While the prices will be cheaper the further West you move, the commute will be awful. We have friends who bought out West when the prices were crazy to save some money, and they have to leave HOURS earlier to beat the traffic. They regret making the move out there, and with the housing market as it is, they are stuck now.

You mention Newark which was met with a lot of negative feedback - but how about the nearby towns in Essex County - Nutley or Bloomfield. Or Passaic County - Clifton. In your budget, you might be looking at a 2BR rather than a 3BR to stick to the nicest areas of town, and certainly the taxes will be in the range some other posters mentioned and above. But that's NJ for you!

Best of luck!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:46 AM

120 posts, read 1,171,137 times
I have been to St. Louis like anywhere it has its high crime areas, but I love it there. Now Newark well mmmmm, just DO NOT move there. Bad area all around. St. Louis is a suburb compared to Newark.

I would suggest to take a trip to NJ and just have a look around see the towns and check out the routes you will have to take to get to work. You will hve many choices. Now remember do not figure out how long it will take to get work buy the mile. NJ has a lot of traffic and everyone is going to work at the same time. I would drive it during rush hour and that will tell you how long it will really take.
My husband worked up in that area and what a 50 min drive should be took about an hour and a half. During the summer it would be worse around the end of the week and the beginning of it. One time it took him 4 hours to get home because of a car accident.
Good luck I hope I helped

Old 08-02-2008, 12:26 AM

48 posts, read 161,820 times
I would recommend Pine Brook or Parssippany its like the next town over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey