Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:07 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,441,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguzman41 View Post
I'm still looking forward to move to nj. I'm more so interested in bergen,essex,and union counties. My price range is no more than 900,000.

If you guys can help me find the perfect town, I would greatly appreciate it.

My ideal town would be one with many activities, lively yet calm and close to everything.
Besides the other towns people have mentioned you
might want to take a look at the Colonia estates section of Woodbridge
there are some very nice homes in that area and you are close enough to everything

Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 11:27 AM

259 posts, read 922,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyItalian View Post
belmar baby. the summers are off the hook and the winters are nice an calm. alot of drugs but not too much violence. i love my town.

also seaside or red bank
Who is this, Tommy Perna from MTV I Own A Summer Share?

Old 08-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Dr.

3 posts, read 8,583 times
When I first moved to NJ, from Manhattan, I decided to buy in Martinsville. Although I did enjoy living there, my decision to move to Princeton was ideal.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:22 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,162,585 times
You mentioned your price range but not where you would be working/commuting to...will you be in NYC? Then you need to find the towns with the easiest commute to work...Also, I see someone mentioned the high property taxes. I am in a middle class neighborhood in Bergen County in which there are homes for as little as $350 to as much as $1 million, but you won't get a community pool or any amenities, such as the resident from Ramsey mentioned (my uncles lives in Ramsey but not in that development), and the taxes can be quite high (my parents' house is appraised at about $750K and their property taxes are over $14K). Are you married? Do you have kids? How much does the school system matter to you? Do you need a big house? Hard to make serious recommendations without knowing that. I have an amazing real estate agent that helped me find my house (and she is not a personal friend or anything, just got lucky when I found her) and I could give you her name and numer if you PM me so that she could help you figure out what community is best for you (she is based in Bergen County but works for Coldwell Banker and could help you anywhere in the state). Best of luck!!!

Old 08-13-2008, 10:34 AM

526 posts, read 1,387,641 times
If I were you I would stay out of Bergen County & Essex County as their property taxes are extreme, and you get nothing for those high taxes but the great feeling that you are helping to support places like Newark.

Look to places like Summit, New Providence, Berkeley Heights in Union County or Chatham Boro or Township, Madison, or even Morris Township or Morristown.

All of the towns I listed are basically a stones through from the Short Hills mall in Millburn Essex County and Livingston also in Essex County.

I am not downing the towns in Bergen and Essex county they are nice, but in many cases for half the taxes you can have as nice or nicer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey