Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 07:01 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I fully support the right of a private business to open for business any time they wish. I have no problem with retail stores opening on Thanksgiving, and will probably consider taking a shopping trip to Garden State Plaza.
You are a true free marketeer, Marc. We can never take that away from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 08:50 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I fully support the right of a private business to open for business any time they wish. I have no problem with retail stores opening on Thanksgiving, and will probably consider taking a shopping trip to Garden State Plaza.
Don't get in my way!

Old 11-15-2014, 11:20 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Don't get in my way!
I'm sure it won't be a problem, since on this sacred day, the deeply principled Paramussians, who need regular resting days, will be intensely engaged in cathartic rest, not venturing out at all, and completely at rest, inside their homes, not out, as they do every Sunday.

So there should be plenty of room on the roads for at least the two of us as the resting Paramussians remain in their homes, committed to a day of family, where they intently and unwaveringly gaze at each other in the family room, contemplating and celebrating their boundless familial love. While of course insisting that everyone else do the exact same thing because hey, dictating mandatory togetherness for all can't be bad.

Since these Blue Laws resemble their equivalent Sharia-ISIS analogues, I respectfully move that the Blue Laws be rechristened the Black Laws. This way they will blend in more harmoniously with the undoubtedly soon to be installed ISIS flags.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:11 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
I'm going to be on the line sleeping overnight waiting to get in for a sale that you can get online or the next day for a cheaper amount. Makes sense to me. Like the jerks that wait on a line overnight and pay top dollar for the new IPhones when they come out.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:42 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
I pretty much do my shopping on-line. When I do venture into to the real world of consumerism, I do it on a weekday, in the morning, early to mid December.

Then I finish it off at a bar for lunch and liquor.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:55 AM

989 posts, read 1,877,142 times
Private business does have every right to operate on a holiday. Nevertheless, I still believe it's both vulgar and crass with respect to reducing the Thanksgiving Holiday into just another retail event. However, it's up to people at the end of the day to decide how they are going to spend their Thanksgiving Holiday.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:35 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
Private business does have every right to operate on a holiday. Nevertheless, I still believe it's both vulgar and crass with respect to reducing the Thanksgiving Holiday into just another retail event. However, it's up to people at the end of the day to decide how they are going to spend their Thanksgiving Holiday.
Agree completely.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:50 PM

527 posts, read 708,863 times
Ridiculus. I will start my Christmas shopping right before Christmas.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:12 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
It's their call, but Thanksgiving is one of the Holdays that I'll never step into a mall or retail store to shop.
This.

This is great if they can get business. I won't be shopping on Thanksgiving. But I welcome others to do as they wish. This is America.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:14 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
Agree... but what can you do? If you're a retail store, you have to give consumers what they want, or they'll conduct their business elsewhere. Now if only consumers stayed home on Thanksgiving, the stores wouldn't be forced to open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: