Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,386 times

Advertisements

My husband and I decided that we Morristown will fit our needs. My husband will be taking the train.

Any input on a section in Morristown that would be great for kids growin up.

Looking for possibly

1. Close to a playground/ greenspace
2. A quieter street (kids can't ride bike without worrying about speedy traffic)

Also would be nice:

Close to restaurants and trains

We could afford a house in 300K -400k range.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 08:12 AM

3 posts, read 3,626 times
Based on your criteria I'd suggest the Lidgerwood section of town. It's centrally located to the downtown area - not in the center of town but walkable. It isn't too far from either the Morristown or Convent train stations. There's a small park that serves both the neighborhood and the Little League (and probably soccer, but I'm not sure). Home's may be in the upper end of your price range, but if you're patient I think you could find something.

Old 11-29-2014, 03:48 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,188,442 times
I was waiting for one of the realtors or someone more familiar with prices to answer. I can tell you as far as the better areas of Morristown, you want to be south or east of The Green. I believe the Lidgerwood section the other poster mentioned is south and east of The Green, off of James Street. If that is not Lidgerwood, I would suggest you look in that area. There are a few townhouse developments off of James Street that are in Morristown and may be in your price range if you have difficulty finding a single family home.

This is the public version of the Garden State Multiple Listing Service: GSMLS

Pick Morris County, then Morristown. I would also look at Morris Township. Morris Township is a big donut that surrounds Morristown and I think the property taxes in Morris Township would be lower. Morristown and Morris Township kids go to the same high school.

Old 11-29-2014, 05:17 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
I was waiting for one of the realtors or someone more familiar with prices to answer. I can tell you as far as the better areas of Morristown, you want to be south or east of The Green. I believe the Lidgerwood section the other poster mentioned is south and east of The Green, off of James Street. If that is not Lidgerwood, I would suggest you look in that area. There are a few townhouse developments off of James Street that are in Morristown and may be in your price range if you have difficulty finding a single family home.

This is the public version of the Garden State Multiple Listing Service: GSMLS

Pick Morris County, then Morristown. I would also look at Morris Township. Morris Township is a big donut that surrounds Morristown and I think the property taxes in Morris Township would be lower. Morristown and Morris Township kids go to the same high school.
You know, when I first read your post, I didn't think any of the houses in Morris Township would fit the OP's criteria. After all, Morris Township is pretty wealthy. But there are definitely some houses in the OP's price range:

Property Search - Property Results - Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - ColdwellBankerMoves.com

Old 11-14-2016, 12:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,588 times
Hi,

Did you end up moving to Morristown? What has been your experience so far? We are thinking of moving to Morristown as a family with elementary/middle school aged kids. Do you have any advice? The town seems great but we have a hard time getting a feel for the culture. I would really appreciate your thoughts!

Old 11-14-2016, 04:22 PM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moho5 View Post
Hi,
Did you end up moving to Morristown? What has been your experience so far? We are thinking of moving to Morristown as a family with elementary/middle school aged kids. Do you have any advice? The town seems great but we have a hard time getting a feel for the culture. I would really appreciate your thoughts!
The OP posted her question almost two years ago, and subsequently she never returned to this thread, or to any other thread in City Data. As a result of her long-term absence, I think that it is...not likely...that she will see your post or respond to it.

If you want information about Morristown, your best bet is to create your own thread, rather than "glomming onto" a dead thread from almost two years ago.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:40 PM

166 posts, read 240,821 times
Morristown and Morris Twp. are both great communities. They share a merged school system (which is quite good) but they are distinctly different. Make a list of what is important to you and your family and then look to see what areas / neighborhoods most closely meet your needs. I recommend a Realtor to help in this regard (and I'm not one). For a variety of reasons real estate taxes in the Town are noticeably higher than the Twp so if you get to the point of looking to buy a home be sure to consider the total payment (including taxes) not just the purchase price. You could be surprised that a higher priced home in the Twp. may be less expensive overall than one in the Town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: