Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 01:55 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,863,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnetworking View Post
$12k per month?
Hey man, the market was just crazy in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 02:43 PM

343 posts, read 614,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo7 View Post
I live in Fott Lee coop building in one bed room apartment. My maintanance $900.
In this building we have a gym, food store, 24 hrs security, summer sweeming pool, children's playground.
The bus to Manhattan stops next to our building.
I can sell it for $96.000
1) if you have out of town family/friend come staying with you for a few nights, will the management come to your apt and kick them out for overnight stays.

2) if you want to renovate your apt, does it require a 6 month approval process from the board/management requiring 1000 different documents and 'architectural plans'.

3) if you dont put carpet in the bedroom will the management force you to do so, even if noone is complaining and there is no noise.

4) does the doorman stop you from bringing a 25" box into the elevator because it is against policy to move "furniture" without prior notice.

The coops in fort lee look very attractive price wise, but i lived in a coop for a long time in forest hills ny when i was young and it was worse than a jail cell. They consider themselves "luxury' coop and it is ran like a prison. One of my neighbor (older couple) with a 3br/2ba apt, had their college daughter visit them over night, and the management kicked the daughter out because it is against the rule for have guest over night in your own apt. My dad bought an ikea lamp home and the doorman wont let him in the elevator because it's sunday and the box he has is considered furniture moving, which is not allowed on sunday. My mom had to distract the doorman for my dad to sneak in the elevator.

Anyway i am just curious if the coops around fort lee are similar or more relaxed.

/rant off

Old 02-28-2015, 11:27 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,470,177 times
no. fort lee has crappy mass transit. Its a traffic jam. Do you want to live in that? How often are you going to eat korean food? Its exspensive. Better off in JC.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 1,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo7 View Post
I live in Fott Lee coop building in one bed room apartment. My maintanance $900.
In this building we have a gym, food store, 24 hrs security, summer sweeming pool, children's playground.
The bus to Manhattan stops next to our building.
I can sell it for $96.000
which coop is it?? let me know..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey