Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 06:31 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,447,861 times

Advertisements

Get the latest financials, minutes from prior meetings and proof of flood insurance for building. Boards are very slow and buyers will ask for stuff anyhow.

If they dont have flood insurance at assocation level bank will make new owner buy it if they get a mortgage which is why a new buyer might requst a copy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 08:34 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,587,544 times
I'm going to be using a realtor who sells most of the units in the building. I assume they will have all of this.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:46 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,143,947 times
Personally I would sell this place for whatever you can get for it, particularly since you said it will be 100% profit. There is no sign whatsoever that AC will be going through any kind of rebound anytime soon, so I would take the money and run. If anything it will likely continue to decline in value.

If it weren't for the high taxes and fees I would say hang onto it and you would have a nice place to hang out in the summer or on weekends.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:06 PM

We plan to take the first reasonable offer.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:07 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
ill give you $100k for it, cash.

see, now you have a guaranteed sale!

Old 12-09-2014, 06:08 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
Personally I would sell this place for whatever you can get for it, particularly since you said it will be 100% profit. There is no sign whatsoever that AC will be going through any kind of rebound anytime soon, so I would take the money and run. If anything it will likely continue to decline in value.

If it weren't for the high taxes and fees I would say hang onto it and you would have a nice place to hang out in the summer or on weekends.
it doesn't really need to rebound to have fun there. it was never really that great to rebound to. but looking on the map the ocean club seems to be pretty close to the action and plenty of people could enjoy it as a vacation condo. AC isn't vegas but there are good restaurants, nightlife and gambling. its best on weekends and summertime. it would be awesome for a young guy to have to bring friends and bang chicks. AC has tons of bachelorette parties.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
ill give you $100k for it, cash.

see, now you have a guaranteed sale!
Not quite reasonable enough.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:55 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,143,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
it doesn't really need to rebound to have fun there. it was never really that great to rebound to. but looking on the map the ocean club seems to be pretty close to the action and plenty of people could enjoy it as a vacation condo. AC isn't vegas but there are good restaurants, nightlife and gambling. its best on weekends and summertime. it would be awesome for a young guy to have to bring friends and bang chicks. AC has tons of bachelorette parties.
The condo has already lost $100k in value based on what he's told us. So there is plenty of room for a rebound, but it's just not gonna happen. His cost is over $15k per year just in condo fees and property taxes. If AC had nice beaches I might say it could be worth it, but the city just doesn't appeal to me in the least. It seems to now be primarily south Jersey people that hang out there because they really have nowhere else to go in that part of the state.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:08 AM

220 posts, read 379,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post

From what I understand, your cost basis gets stepped up to the market value for inherited property. So if your brother bought for $280k, and the MV is $180k at the time of inheritance, your cost basis is $180k. You only need to pay capital gains tax if sold above that amount.

Last paragraph, bottom of Page 7: IRS Link

Old 12-10-2014, 10:07 AM

Yes that is true. And if I rent it, the rent is income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: