Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 08:50 PM

5 posts, read 6,893 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving out from CA to NJ, looking apartment for sharing starting from Sat , Dec 13th. My office is located at Florham Park. Also i may need to travel some times to my other office location at Jersey City. I am using public transport at this moment, better access to PATH or NJ transit with in a walkable distance.
Please let me know which is better place in between these cities Florham Park / Jersey City with good price in accommodation & better accessibility to public transport.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,
Krish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 08:39 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
Florham Park is suburban with limited public transit and Jersey City is built up urban with more transit.

First thing I would do is search online and see what if any public transit their is to your Florham park destination. Go to Google maps, yes that evil racist censor, lol, also check NJTransit dot com and maybe Morris metro or that might be included under NJ Transit.

You need to see how practical it is getting to your Florham Park destination without a car first.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:46 AM

About the only bus service I found looking quick is this one, you have to figure out if you could walk from ths route to your location:

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0073.pdf

Old 12-09-2014, 08:59 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,976,235 times
captne76 is absolutely right -- figuring out if bus service gets you close enough to your office in Florham Park is critical. I used to work in that area and had a co-worker who took a bus, but he had about a mile from the bus to the office, and that was not fun in the snow.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:24 AM

1,450 posts, read 3,452,645 times
I suggest you check with your corporate HR. Many of the local corp offices run shuttles from their office to the Convent Station train station, which is literally a stones throw from the border of Convent Station and Florham Park. There is service from Convent Station that will take you to either Hoboken or Newark, where you can switch to PAT or the light rail to get to JC (and your other office location). Several of the larger apt complexes in Florham Park also run shuttles from the complexes to the train station in Convent Station. Realistically though you will need to have a car in the Florham Park area in order to access lifes necessities like grocery stores, dry cleaners, pharmacies, etc. as there is no local public transportation around Florham Park.

KoalaNJ

Old 12-09-2014, 09:58 AM

Thanks you so much captne76, HalfFull & KoalaNJ for the reply.

I came across Jersey city is costlier place to get accommodation.

Please help me to know which is the best place in between Florham park & Jersey city to live & have access to public transport.

Thanks,
Krish

Old 12-09-2014, 10:02 AM

If you're going to do that, again check the #73 bus route vs where you are working to get an idea if its walkable or check the company you are working for for any shuttles. If you where going to be on the #73 route maybe I would look at Livingston or West Orange areas.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:30 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,125,537 times
It depends where in Florham Park the office is located. If it's in the portion of Florham Park near the Convent station (or if it has a shuttle to the Convent station), then you can just live near the Convent station and have easy access to work.

If it's closer to the Livingston Mall, you need to be along the #70 or #73 bus routes. If you live in the area near the Livingston Mall, you'll have access to both bus routes. For service to Jersey City, you'll need to take a bus, and then take a train to Hoboken, to take the light rail to Jersey City. Either that, or take the #31, #70, or #73 bus directly into Newark for the PATH.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:11 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,185,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish8 View Post
Please help me to know which is the best place in between Florham park & Jersey city to live & have access to public transport.
OP, as others have suggested, try to find out how far your office is from the nearest train/bus station, if your employer provides a shuttle service, and if not, if you're willing to walk from the station to your work. Recommendation on where to live depends on which mode of transport you could take. First firgure that out and then we will be happy to help.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:34 PM

Much appreciated for the guidance. I enquired at my office about shuttle, they mentioned they are not providing. My bad. Could you have provided these details earlier. Please find my office locations at Florham - 18 Vreeland Rd, Florham Park, NJ 07932 & Jersey City - 1 Pershing Plaza, Jersey City, NJ 07302 . I am flexible can take either of the transport (bus/train)

Thanks,
Krish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey