Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 08:24 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,292 times

Advertisements

Have you ever used a consignment shop to SELL your gently used items?

Was it a good experience? Did you get the money you expected?

I live in Monmouth County, very close to Middlesex, Ocean & Mercer Counties. Can you suggest a "good" shop that will sell my stuff (mostly kids clothes).

Thanks for your imput.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 09:00 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,926,367 times
I've never done it, but there is one on Rt. 18 North in that little strip mall next to the Pitstop gas station. There's a bagel shop in there too. It looks like a nice little shop. And they are open on Sunday. Oh-it's called Karen's Consignment. That might help you right??? LOL.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:30 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,292 times
Default Cool

Thanks Regarese- I'll check them out this week. Karens Consignment is awfully close to South River and it would be a shame if I didn't stop in the Ria Mar for shrimp in wine sauce & a small pitcher of White.

Thanks for the tip !
Any others?

Old 01-05-2008, 09:54 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
i tried that here in NC for the first time. i perged my closet and got rid of soooo much stuff. 2 suitcases worth, one with just business/sunday suits. so i brought them over and they took only 4 items and 1 pair of shoes. out of ALL the stuff that i brought over and then had to repack into the car.
i felt embarrassed because basically she told me she could not sell them as they "dont sell those kinds of things". they were a couple of years old, just didnt fit any more.some still with tags. and i saw similar items right in their store.
i then went to goodwill.
anyway, i wont be going anymore. they try to sell it, take 60%, and send you the rest of the money. if it doesnt sell they go to goodwill. if i wanted to take my stuff back after the selling period was over i would have to pay $10...i was disgusted by the end of the whole ordeal

Old 01-06-2008, 08:04 PM

72 posts, read 385,485 times
OMG that sounds awful. Yea I may just have to can the idea of going to thrift stores in NJ. well BK-NYc here I come.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 9,909 times
There is a GREAT semi-annual kids consignment event which takes place every Spring and Fall in the Burlington Center Mall - Burlington Township NJ. You can sell basically anything kid related, clothes, shoes, toys, furniture and more! Sellers receive 60% of their sales and if they volunteer to work the sale can make up to 80% of their sales.

The sale is called BEST DRESSED for LESS and the website address is bestdressedsale.com

Old 06-19-2008, 01:43 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestdressedsale View Post
There is a GREAT semi-annual kids consignment event which takes place every Spring and Fall in the Burlington Center Mall - Burlington Township NJ. You can sell basically anything kid related, clothes, shoes, toys, furniture and more! Sellers receive 60% of their sales and if they volunteer to work the sale can make up to 80% of their sales.

The sale is called BEST DRESSED for LESS and the website address is bestdressedsale.com
gee, nice ad!

I've used several and it was great; none in your area though. I got rid of things I didn't need and made some money doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey