U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 14,843 times

Advertisements

There is a new community being built in Butler by the main street right by the Butler museum. Its called the River Place. Its a small community of 68 town houses.

Can anyone provide some details about this location? Is this a nice area??

The buildings nearby look old and beaten up.

I am wondering if the surroundings areas and streets are ok??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 01:08 PM

10 posts, read 40,123 times
I just saw that community in the paper today homehunter and it looks realy nice. We work in Parsippany so the location looks great for us to buy one...we're planning on visiting the model next week.

I have never heard anything bad about Butler, but don't know anything about the town..I do have a friend who grew up there so I will be checking with her but I know she said she loved the town.

I would love to hear if someone has info on the surrounding streets that you asked about in your post.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:03 PM

48 posts, read 182,865 times
I grew up in Butler and back in the day it was a great little town however, not such a great reputation anymore. The taxes are super high even for NJ standards. Just make sure you are really comfortable with the area before you sign. I heard that a lot of riffraff around there too. Sorry to give you the bad news

Old 01-23-2008, 02:04 PM

10 posts, read 40,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyd83 View Post
I grew up in Butler and back in the day it was a great little town however, not such a great reputation anymore. The taxes are super high even for NJ standards. Just make sure you are really comfortable with the area before you sign. I heard that a lot of riffraff around there too. Sorry to give you the bad news
thanks for the info amy. I did go to see the area but noticed that the train tracks are directly behind the development! yikes! I was reminded of the scenes in the movie My Cousin Vinny.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:59 PM

11 posts, read 61,955 times
There is a nice new condo development a little further down Rt. 23 in Riverdale.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:40 PM

48 posts, read 182,865 times
I thought about the train tracks the night I posted and forgot to mention it. Yikes is right. Too bad because it is such a great location.
Yeah the townhomes in Riverdale are nice. Lincoln Park offers a few townhome developments. My in-laws live in Skyline Villiage and love it there. That would even be closer to work for you.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:43 PM

148 posts, read 497,903 times
They are trying to revitalize downtown Butler. I think River Place is just the beginning. The areas around there are nice. There aren't really any "bad parts" of Butler. The only thing is that Main Street connects to Bloomingdale which isn't as nice as the other side of Butler that connects to Kinnelon.

There is also a small development of Townhouses behind Stop and Shop which are really nice. They don't look so great from the outside, but the insides are really spacious. I hear they are redoing the siding there next year. Might be worth a look. You will get more for your money than at River Place or the Grande.

HTH!!

Old 09-04-2009, 12:36 PM

292 posts, read 655,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGuy9 View Post
There is a nice new condo development a little further down Rt. 23 in Riverdale.
The Grande at Riverdale its called. Very nice apartments with tons of amenties; swimming pool, small gym, clubhouse w/ pool table, and they are building a basketball court and tennis courts. The apartments are affordable and modern. Some of the views are awesome.

The River community in Butler is in a run-down area, not dangerous really, but run down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey