Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 9,746 times

Advertisements

I am looking for information regarding moving to Princeton/Plainsboro/West Windsor area in New Jersey. We have a 2-year old and are looking to move to a better school district.

Following are some important factors/considerations for decision-making:

1. Quality of school district
2. Commute to NYC for spouse (daily)
3. Indian population in the area and the ease of availability of play dates
4. Commute to Temple University in Philadelphia for myself (2-3 times a week)
5. Any other suburbs that are comparably better than Princeton/West Windsor/Plainsboro in terms of school district and also considering these other factors

I will greatly appreciate any information you may have and are willing to share regarding any of the points above.
Thanks!
Anju
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 01:30 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
We've lived in WW for about 24 years, raised a daughter in the schools from K-12.
We were extremely pleased with her education and the opportunities it afforded her.
Indian population in WW/Plainsboro is significant.

Our offices are local but travel outside frequently. Currently, husband has a job at Temple so he travels there a couple days a week from time to time. Drive time is a solid hour (I-295, avoid Rte 1). Train is possible, NJT from Princeton Jct, transfer to Septa.

WW recently opened a new 500+ car parking lot for WW residents. I don't think they have filled it yet.

Good luck with your search!

Old 09-14-2014, 06:29 PM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
I really think you have the perfect solution. Possibly Robbinsville might suit your needs, but although the schools are very good , they are not as good as West Windsor Plainsboro.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:09 PM

300 posts, read 913,547 times
If money is no concern or okay to live in smaller and older houses, wwindsor is best all around.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:02 PM

7 posts, read 48,497 times
Anju

We are Indian and lived in Plainsboro from 2002 to 2014.

Schools are very very good. If schools is your major decision factor then this is the place.

High property taxes and high house prices as a result of good schools.

Significant Indian community. You will have play dates very easily. Our neighbors (indian also) kid would come over almost every day to play with our son. Library is another great gathering place and they do Indian festivals as well. Lots of resources like food and grocery nearby. In our housing complex, 20 or so families out of 50 were Indian.

I commuted to NYC every day. It gets tiring. The trains are fast and frequent and you generally get a seat. Station can be very crowded at peak hours. It will take you 10 minutes to exit the parking lot. I worked in midtown, my door to door best case was 90 minutes, average 100 minutes and I have a few times spent 4-5 hours when there are train troubles. The train infrastructure is very old, tunnels are choke points and delays will be cascading. If one train gets stuck, all trains behind it are delayed. There are no major improvements planned which will ease this in near future.

I cannot speak about commute to phily except there are amtrack trains from Princeton Junction station.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:08 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,848,287 times
Agree that West Windsor area is a great place to live. The commute to/from the City can wear you down.

Having one parent commuting to the City & another to Philly would give me pause. What happens when the school calls that the child is sick, or some other emergency? What happens if one parent can't get home in time to meet the school bus?

Just a thought.

Last edited by daliowa; 09-16-2014 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 09-17-2014, 10:27 PM

2 posts, read 9,746 times
I thank each one of you for the valuable information and advice you have shared! This will help me with the search.

I understand Daliowa's concern which is very valid. However, I do not have to travel everyday, so hoping that it will work out.

Once again, I really appreciate everyone sharing your experiences and opinions!

Old 12-14-2014, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 4,500 times
Hi,

Can any one help me with good indian communities and housing complex in ww, plainsboro.

My work place is FTW, PA which is less than hour from planisbor. I will be relocating with my family and have a kid of 5 years

My parents will also come

Old 12-15-2014, 08:46 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,185,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeyakkumaranss View Post
Hi,

Can any one help me with good indian communities and housing complex in ww, plainsboro.

My work place is FTW, PA which is less than hour from planisbor. I will be relocating with my family and have a kid of 5 years

My parents will also come
Just pick any. There are lots of Indians in every community in WW and Plainsboro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: