Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 11:39 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
well, when you cite such an unbaised, reputable news source like "newsbusters.org...

I was just trying to show an example of Catholic bashing to someone who seems to be completely oblivious to it. The example I used from right wing newsbusters was the first one that came up. But if it makes you happy here's a Catholic bashing link from the New York Times.

Giuliani Criticizes 'Catholic Bashing' - New York Times

Happy now?.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 12:21 PM

259 posts, read 925,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I was just trying to show an example of Catholic bashing to someone who seems to be completely oblivious to it. The example I used from right wing newsbusters was the first one that came up. But if it makes you happy here's a Catholic bashing link from the New York Times.

Giuliani Criticizes 'Catholic Bashing' - New York Times

Happy now?.........
So I guess religeous groups like the Jews and Muslims never have been bashed before? Never made the paper? There is a bigger world out there...Moderator cut: we can do without the personal attacks

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 02-25-2008 at 09:14 PM..

Old 02-25-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
So I guess religeous groups like the Jews and Muslims never have been bashed before? Never made the paper? There is a bigger world out there...you may want to think about joining it.
I never said they have not been bashed before. Your looking to put words in my mouth and start trouble. This is not a rant site. Were here to exchange information.

Moderator cut: Use the Report Post function to deal with TOS issues

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 02-25-2008 at 09:15 PM..

Old 02-25-2008, 12:51 PM

259 posts, read 925,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I never said they have not been bashed before. Your looking to put words in my mouth and start trouble. This is not a rant site. Were here to exchange information. I suggest you read the TOS of City data.
I'm not trying to really start trouble. I apologize for being such a smarta**. However, I'm Catholic and I really don't see this as a big deal. And if this is not a rant site, then why are you focusing so heavily on my religeon? You have brought up on more than two occasions that other people are "bashing" people of the Catholic faith and the Catholic faith as well.

Moderator cut: Use the Report Post function to deal with TOS issues

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 02-25-2008 at 09:15 PM..

Old 02-25-2008, 02:56 PM

Judge Smails, you owned up for your remark and I repectfully accept your apolodgy. I'm giving you some reps for it also.

The reason I brought up Catholic bashing in the first place was just to compare it to Jersey Bashing. You could read what I wrote in the 5th post in this thread. The reason I brought it up after that was because I was asked "What exactly is Catholic bashing?' by ciao9999 in the 13th post on this thread.

Anyway, hope that explains it. Water under the bridge.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:10 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,616 times
Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya...

Old 02-25-2008, 09:19 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,748,958 times
So apology issued and apology accepted. Let's move on without further personal arguments or recriminations, please.

If members feel the content of a post violates the Terms of Service, then please make use of the Report Post function

Old 03-01-2008, 03:19 PM

234 posts, read 939,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
So do I, but only as long as I continue working. When I decide to quit working (career-wise that is) me, my family and my wallet are outta here.
You got that right!

That's exactly what I did. I lived in NJ all of my adult life, and it has some good points, to be sure. I had to live there because of my job, and, while terribly expensive, it wasn't all bad.

As soon as I retired, I moved one state west, to Pennsylvania. PA isn't even one of the lowest-cost-of-living states, but living here is so much cheaper than living in NJ, I now feel rich!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: