Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:21 AM
AKP AKP started this thread

5 posts, read 17,552 times

Advertisements

I'm still looking forward to see any web link or something that tells me BEST Schools (Elementary, Middle and High) in NJ...

If you guys can help me find the perfect town, I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 04:08 PM

67 posts, read 247,648 times
I have been a teacher for 22 years.I like the Barnegat schools. Barnegat is located in southern Ocean County. A good place to raise a family. I have lived here for 22 years. Barnegat now has its own HS. We are currently getting another elementary school built. Many other towns in the area have regional schools and multiple HS or even middle schools. We have many elementary schools (2 are new) and 1 middle school. I now a couple of FSBO properties in the area. You can private message me if interested.
Good luck with your search

Old 01-09-2008, 04:17 PM

68 posts, read 294,081 times
The Star Ledger runs a report card on all schools in the state. So does NJ Monthly. I'm sure you can access these reports and get an idea of the best schools. A good rule of thumb (more of a guideline than a rule): Follow the money.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:31 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Doctor View Post
The Star Ledger runs a report card on all schools in the state. So does NJ Monthly. I'm sure you can access these reports and get an idea of the best schools. A good rule of thumb (more of a guideline than a rule): Follow the money.
the most valid sentence in this thread, lol.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:35 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,930,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Doctor View Post
A good rule of thumb (more of a guideline than a rule): Follow the money.
Very unfortunate but true. Also, greatschools.net is a good site.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:36 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
The Star Ledger 2006 School Report Card can be found HERE

Old 01-09-2008, 04:37 PM

197 posts, read 776,808 times
My realtor tells me the best school systems are in Mountain Lakes, Chatham, and Bernards Township. I have also heard decent things about Mendham, Madison, Warren and Chester... but am trying to get the same info as you.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:40 PM

828 posts, read 3,137,695 times
Perfect town, you ask?
I am not sure if there is such a thing.
There are many websites to search for crime statistics and schools. Try Googling.
I would stay away from areas that are newly developed or have "brand new schools". Go to areas that have built a reputation for many years and have teachers who have been cornerstones of their community.
Is there a certain area on NJ that you are looking at?
Do you need to be near public transportation?
Do you need to be near NY or Philly?
Small town or city?

Quote:
I have been a teacher for 22 years.I like the Barnegat schools. Barnegat is located in southern Ocean County. A good place to raise a family. I have lived here for 22 years. Barnegat now has its own HS. We are currently getting another elementary school built. Many other towns in the area have regional schools and multiple HS or even middle schools. We have many elementary schools (2 are new) and 1 middle school. I now a couple of FSBO properties in the area. You can private message me if interested.
Good luck with your search
LMAO.
DO you teach in Barnegat?
How many properties in Barnegat are you trying to sell?

Old 01-09-2008, 04:44 PM

67 posts, read 247,648 times
State report cards can be found through any of the school distrist web sites or the
state link listed below.
http://www.state.nj.us.org (broken link)
Barnegat Township School District

Old 01-09-2008, 04:47 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union View Post
State report cards can be found through any of the school distrist web sites or the
state link listed below.
http://www.state.nj.us.org
Barnegat Township School District
Why are you directing this person towards Barnegat? It might be an ok school district but it's not even within spitting distance of being the best in NJ.

edit: OK - I see you have a house to sell there. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey