Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 10:09 PM

237 posts, read 482,545 times

Advertisements

We've hit the point where this blizzard is pretty obviously turning out to be nothing and yet the news stations are desperately trying to pretend this isn't the case by exaggerating the little that is actually happening. It's fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 10:09 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
^^ The worst was people emptying grocery stores over the last 2 days. Even if we did get 3 feet, do you need to buy the entire food store?

I just get excited for these storms. I don't think the world is going to end, freak out and buy food and other stuff I don't need just because we're getting some snow. The 12/26/10 storm brought my town 32 inches and our world didn't end.

The media hypes NYC area storms SO much because it's NYC and they make us all look like pu**ies when it comes to snow. In reality, most of the freaking out/hyping it up is done by the media. People only react to that. In daily life, no one is running around screaming due to snow like the news and weather channel have you believe.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:13 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
This was a near miss, and I'm glad. The heavy bands about to hit Ct appear just a few dozen miles east of us.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:45 PM

286 posts, read 851,290 times
I'm pissed they over forecasted. The hospital where my wife works made my wife stay there because the 2nd shift can't (or won't) come in with the public transportation being closed and blizzard fears. So I have to take a day off from work to watch the kids because schools are closed because of only a couple inches of snow!! I only have 6 paid days off for the entire year. I can't afford to waste them. Keep it up and my only vacation I can take is sitting at home looking at inches of snow.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:58 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Finally they posted the revised lower totals. Now at 1-3 inches for Morris County tonight and 2-4 inches tomorrow. 1-3 inches!!!! I won't be out in the morning with my snowblower. I'll be out with my leaf blower!
Official New Jersey bust and this forecast will cost New Jersey businesses millions of dollars in lost productivity, not to mention the personal disruptions. How many kids are already cancelled for school tomorrow and will sit at home torturing their parents, at least when their little faces are not booked and glued to their surgically attached texting and instagram stations.

Shop Rite's feeling damned fine though. They sold all the food and got rid of the messy rock salt.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:03 PM

237 posts, read 482,545 times
It's looking like we're still getting around a foot total in Middlesex County. Not the 24 inches+ they were expecting but still potentially a pretty decent snowfall, assuming it pans out.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:10 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I said I wanted NJ drivers to viciously obey the law when the weather is bad. That's what I said.
That may be what you intended to state, but what you actually wrote was the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
it's logical when road conditions are worst you drive more carefully and are more viscous about obeying local laws.
However, even what you probably intended to say makes very little sense.
You want more vicious drivers on the road?
Are you sure about that?

Vicious - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Old 01-27-2015, 03:06 AM

708 posts, read 1,060,223 times
This thing is looking like a bust. I was just outside and we got maybe a half an inch overnight so far.(eastern Warren County) Looks like I'm going to work today.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:16 AM

1,174 posts, read 1,748,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
So the storm on Thursday of last week was supposed to be nothing. Yet me and the green and yellow John Deere thingy formed a very close relationship over 3 hours of snow removal - from my driveway and my 2 neighbors, both of whose snowblowers broke at the same time.

Now I went out and got gallons of fresh new premium fuel, cancelled my appraisals for 2 days, and planned several passes to keep up with the relentless and limitless descent of powder predicted by the white coat doctors with all the latest technology and computing power.

And here I am, sporting a face displayed earlier by the OP, only mine has a trail of tears, as I wrack my brain and try to figure out where it all went wrong. As the behemoth perambulates on my Ipad over the open waters of the Hudson Canyon, leaving me at the altar dazed and confused.

They could not get it right even though it was hours away.

Yet the stupid, stupid, stupid masses are ready to scrap our economy whilst these same white coat retards "predict" cataclysmic climate change half a century in advance. (You didn't think you were getting out of here alive without me injecting some politics. No, of course not).

Boulderdash! Climate change my asteroid!
Yea it is unfortunate that we arent very good as forecasters at this point. I think its more the technology as opposed to the forecasters because they are just going by that. From what i was seeing pretty much all the models were in agreement.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:15 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey