Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2015, 11:09 AM

19,125 posts, read 25,327,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
They dramatize everything now. It's getting really annoying.
+1

Just as snow coverage consists essentially of various TV reporters standing in random places to tell us that "it's still snowing", I guess that next week they will be standing in those same places to tell us that..."it's cold".

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 11:10 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My little Acme had more people than usual this afternoon. My pre-storm shopping consisted of making sure I had enough cans of cat food until the end of the week, but I was going to do that anyway. Oh, and I bought a carton of chocolate almond milk. I drink normal milk, too, but my vegan daughter introduced me to the almond milk world. It makes really good hot chocolate. You just have to pour it in the mug and nuke it.
Good planning! You don't want the cats to eat you

Old 01-27-2015, 11:14 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1

Just as snow coverage consists essentially of various TV reporters standing in random places to tell us that "it's still snowing", I guess that next week they will be standing in those same places to tell us that..."it's cold".

Awwwwwwww.come on! Do you really think those reporters are actually standing there in the vlizzards, just so they can tell us all about it? Ever hear of.....photoshopping?

Look, I do believe some of it is for real, but when I see newscasters standing there, no hats, no hair blowing or out of place, all the while snow and wind supposedly whirling right around them, well...

Old 01-27-2015, 11:14 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,666,921 times
Good explanation of exactly what happened.

How Every Meteorologist (Including Myself) Got it WRONG!

Old 01-27-2015, 11:22 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,145,323 times
Quote:
+1

Yeah, they will be showing us how to put on hats and gloves, just like a guy on channel 7 yesterday was showing people how to shovel.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:19 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,219,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Finally they posted the revised lower totals. Now at 1-3 inches for Morris County tonight and 2-4 inches tomorrow. 1-3 inches!!!! I won't be out in the morning with my snowblower. I'll be out with my leaf blower!
Official New Jersey bust and this forecast will cost New Jersey businesses millions of dollars in lost productivity, not to mention the personal disruptions. How many kids are already cancelled for school tomorrow and will sit at home torturing their parents, at least when their little faces are not booked and glued to their surgically attached texting and instagram stations.

Shop Rite's feeling damned fine though. They sold all the food and got rid of the messy rock salt.
While it's certainly inconvenient for many, we do live in an area where it snows every winter so parents should be prepared to deal with the possibility of school closures. While there is definitely some lost economic activity today due to all the closures, most of it will just be pushed back a day or two. We all work hard, just enjoy the day off. Not much we can do about it now, no point in stressing. I do feel bad for hourly and contractual workers who may have lost a day's pay if their workplace closed, but like I said, nothing we can do about it now.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
+1

My favorite was a reporter on Channel 7 in Parsippany last night showing the snowbanks in a parking lot that weren't even that high. FWIW, it wasn't snowing atm.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:32 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Anybody who has ever lived in NJ long enough knows that the weather can change from minute to minute. Whining about a pridiction that didn't go the way you thought it should go is rediculous.

What of instead of less snow you wound up getting 40" of snow, would that make you whiners happy?

Instead of crying about the predictors you should be happy you're not up to your ass in snow.

Bunch of babies.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Anybody who has ever lived in NJ long enough knows that the weather can change from minute to minute. Whining about a pridiction that didn't go the way you thought it should go is rediculous.

What of instead of less snow you wound up getting 40" of snow, would that make you whiners happy?

Instead of crying about the predictors you should be happy you're not up to your ass in snow.

Bunch of babies.
Exactly. They'll complain no matter what happens.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:35 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
My favorite was a reporter on Channel 7 in Parsippany last night showing the snowbanks in a parking lot that weren't even that high. FWIW, it wasn't snowing atm.
But yet, they got you to watch them anyway so it worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey