Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 06:22 PM

24 posts, read 88,429 times

Advertisements

I am looking to make a move to Holmdel for the school system for my son, we currently live in Manalapan. However, I am unable at this time to spend $1M plus so as an alternative I was looking into townhomes/communities with play areas, community pools, etc.

Does anyone know anything about the woods development in Holmdel? Specifically,
Is it a good area?
Are there young children? my son is 4
Do they allow dogs?
Can you fence in your property?
White collar?

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 06:49 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,964,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcata View Post
I am looking to make a move to Holmdel for the school system for my son, we currently live in Manalapan. However, I am unable at this time to spend $1M plus so as an alternative I was looking into townhomes/communities with play areas, community pools, etc.

Does anyone know anything about the woods development in Holmdel? Specifically,
Is it a good area?
Are there young children? my son is 4
Do they allow dogs?
Can you fence in your property?
White collar?

Any help would be appreciated.
I don't know the ins and outs of the property but the area is questionable, it might be a holmdel address it is not holmdel ambiance, yes you get to use the holmdel schools but you're really like being in hazlet which is a down scale town. It isn't a bad area and there are no specific issues other than traffic but it's not what you'd think when you hear holmdel. There are many houses in better parts of holmdel that aren't over a million, how hard have you looked?

Old 01-08-2008, 07:29 PM

24 posts, read 88,429 times
You make some good points, just started, can you recommend any other developments?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:37 PM

161 posts, read 767,541 times
Its near a big shopping area and busy part of Hazlet right off of Rt35. Traffic is lousy over there on the weekends.

I just moved to Hazlet and love it, but where "The Woods" is really isn't where I'd want to be. Its a little close to Keansburg and quite honestly I have no idea how they can call it Holmdel. Holmdel is south of me, yet "The Woods" is Northeast of me.

:::SHRUGS::::

Why not look for a house in Hazlet? South of 35 is really nice. It borders Holmdel. I just moved here and spent under 5. Me and my wife are under 30 and intend to have kids in the next few years and we heard very good things about the local schools.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevityNYC View Post
Its near a big shopping area and busy part of Hazlet right off of Rt35. Traffic is lousy over there on the weekends.

I just moved to Hazlet and love it, but where "The Woods" is really isn't where I'd want to be. Its a little close to Keansburg and quite honestly I have no idea how they can call it Holmdel. Holmdel is south of me, yet "The Woods" is Northeast of me.

:::SHRUGS::::

Why not look for a house in Hazlet? South of 35 is really nice. It borders Holmdel. I just moved here and spent under 5. Me and my wife are under 30 and intend to have kids in the next few years and we heard very good things about the local schools.
it might be because she wants to be in holmdel school district, hazlet schools are barely adequate

Old 01-08-2008, 11:46 PM

161 posts, read 767,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
it might be because she wants to be in holmdel school district, hazlet schools are barely adequate
Yikes, it sounds like you have an axe to grind compared to everything else I've heard.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:19 AM

687 posts, read 3,251,185 times
Quote:
I am looking to make a move to Holmdel for the school system for my son, we currently live in Manalapan.
Is there a specific program you're looking for that Holmdel offers, but Manalapan does not? Manalapan also has very good schools...

Old 01-09-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevityNYC View Post
Yikes, it sounds like you have an axe to grind compared to everything else I've heard.
I have no dog in this race, the facts are the facts, where exactly do you live and what expertise on the subject do you have?

Old 01-09-2008, 08:57 AM

522 posts, read 1,584,531 times
Mcata, I would get a realtor and scope out the different neighborhoods in Holmdel if you are serious on the move. Holmdel is probably the best rated school system but Manalapan is also very good. Middletown has a section called Navasink and that is a very good school. Hazlet isn't as bad as ap guy says it is and I should know, I grew up there.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseynj View Post
Mcata, I would get a realtor and scope out the different neighborhoods in Holmdel if you are serious on the move. Holmdel is probably the best rated school system but Manalapan is also very good. Middletown has a section called Navasink and that is a very good school. Hazlet isn't as bad as ap guy says it is and I should know, I grew up there.
while it may not be bad in your eyes, the hazlet schools cannot come close to the holmdel schools, you mentioned navesink, while their elementary school is nice, you run into problems with middle school and the HS's in middletown are not ranked well. You can access the report cards via the state's web site, try googling it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey