Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 03:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,558 times

Advertisements

Hi
I am currently staying at Jersey City, but was looking for a more spread out area to shift to along North East Corridor lines with easy access to North East Corridor railway station and Indian stores.
I am looking for apartment homes, with 2bhk formation and a lot of open space outside. Budget should be between $1000-$1500.

Request forum members to kindly suggest a few otions to target as I am new to US/NJ

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atri1985 View Post
Hi
I am currently staying at Jersey City, but was looking for a more spread out area to shift to along North East Corridor lines with easy access to North East Corridor railway station and Indian stores.
I am looking for apartment homes, with 2bhk formation and a lot of open space outside. Budget should be between $1000-$1500.

Request forum members to kindly suggest a few otions to target as I am new to US/NJ

Thanks in advance
As I was going through the forum I found the following format used by members with similar queries

Constraints:
-Must be in NJ.
-Near Railway station along North East Corridor
-Near Indian stores (Car distance)
-Must be having good external open area for walks etc

Where are you coming from?
India, Currently located at Jersey City Near journal Square

Why are you moving?
I work at NYC. Require a location along North East Corridor NJ Transit

Will you buy or rent?
Rent

What is your budget ?
Ideally $1200-$1500 inclusive of utilities

What kind of place are you looking for ?
An apartment complex with good open external sapce for walks, parking for a vehicle, decent security layout (card access, good locks and keys, etc),
Following amenities: climate control, cold water, hot water, electricity, internet service provider, natural gas stove, municipality offering trash and recycling programs.

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ?
Wife + 6 Months Old Daughter

Do you need/want good public schools?
No

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in
(examples: families with young children, young, mature, artsy, diverse, safe, close-knit, block parties, etc)
Families with young children, Indian community would be nice

List three things that are important to you in order of importance.(examples: nightlife, outdoor activities, rural/urban, safety, downtown area, charming, new construction, proximity to XYZ, family oriented, easy parking, short commute, etc)

Proximity to Railway Station
Short Commute to NYC: Within 1-1.5hrs
Open Spaces for taking walks

Looking forward for your suggestions to start hunting places

Old 02-04-2015, 06:22 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,668,415 times
Edison sounds like it has everything you want. Including apartments in your price range and a massive Indian population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey