Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 10:23 AM

227 posts, read 329,351 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I need to know if my annoyance with this neighbour is justified or not.

I live in Bayonne and most of the city has street parking. My next door neighbours who has a one car driweway has come up with a plan to secure him 3 parking spots ALWAYS.
So one car goes in the driveway , 2nd is parked on the road when you exit his driveway on the left. Now there is a white box right outside his driveway which is ofcourse No parking and area outside the white lines is eligible for parking by anyone. However his 2nd car is parked considerable distance away from the white line and this distance when added with his white box ensures his 3rd car fits in there. Now this 2nd car (Which i assume exists only for the purpose to secure a parking) has not been moved since Nov 2013.

Yesterday night i parked my car on the right side of his driveway (Valid parking spot) and he butted his 3rd car in (as always) which i dont have a problem with but with the snow and ice in the morning i could not get it out as he was parked bumper to bumper. I asked him nicely to remove the car to which he replied rudely and did not do so for 30 mins.

A.I want to check if i can report him to the authorities for having a car sit in a place for more than an yr.
B. Can i also report him to using dubious tactics to ensure he gets a parking. Due to his tactic of parking leaving out extra space, it makes the entire distribution across the street uneven.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 5,969 times
It sounds like you have the right to be annoyed. Report the vehicle to the police as abandoned. They will eventually come by and check if its registration is current and then possibly ticket/tow it. Otherwise, I don't think his tactics are illegal, just selfish. Can you park where he parks his second vehicle?

Old 02-08-2015, 07:06 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,572,874 times
In Bayonne a car can not be parked in one spot more than 48 hours or it can be ticketed or towed regardless if it is on the street in front of the house. Even if it were in that box it is still public road. When I lived in Bayonne they threatened to tow my car for that law. Like the previous poster said, call and report it abandoned.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:06 AM

133 posts, read 311,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
In Bayonne a car can not be parked in one spot more than 48 hours or it can be ticketed or towed regardless if it is on the street in front of the house. Even if it were in that box it is still public road. When I lived in Bayonne they threatened to tow my car for that law. Like the previous poster said, call and report it abandoned.
This the first I'm reading about such a law in Bayonne. I've left my car in the same place for a few weeks or so and never had any problems. Fortunately, on this particular street there are almost always open spots.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:12 AM

1,302 posts, read 4,572,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometV6787 View Post
This the first I'm reading about such a law in Bayonne. I've left my car in the same place for a few weeks or so and never had any problems. Fortunately, on this particular street there are almost always open spots.
It is not just Bayonne, I know for sure that it every city/town in Hudson County and I am not 100 percent sure but I believe it is a state wide law for cities and towns. The normally only enforce it if someone calls them about it, that is what happened to me in Bayonne and it happened to me in Weehawken.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:01 AM

192 posts, read 248,486 times
Bayonne might have one of the poorest street parking ordinances in the state of NJ. ****t permitting (or no permitting). Inefficient permitting around different zones/streets. Poor public transportation options to mid-town. It's not an 'undiscovered gem' it's a huge PIA and inconvenience, that's why smart people never stay here.

A city hall so corrupt it subsidizes the parking costs of every developer who opens apartment buildings for new Bronx/Brooklyn NYC transplants, 50 cars for a greedy out of state landlord on the streets, who pays he same tax rate as a 65+ year homeowner across his building. It is easier to find street parking in downtown JC due to how strictly they zone, permit, enforce their parking.

A great town that ONCE had many redeeming qualities, a thriving downtown, that keeps seeing its standards of living, property prices plummet due to corrupt and greedy city hall administrations. Their city hall seems to be able to hire more bureacrats/cops every year as our federal government has hiring freezes. The long time residents there are clearly living in a dream just google "DoJ Bayonne" to see how many FEDERAL arrests/probes their have been here.

Parking doesn't mean ****t to a city hall that sells off plots of land to real estators, can't do basic ****t like enforce parking. This is one of the many reasons Bayonne's Broadwawy has looked decrypted for 25 odd years. Where the **** do you park when contractors/etc leave their trucks parked on the street for weeks on end? And no one moves their car...ever?

Old 02-09-2015, 05:44 AM

324 posts, read 574,827 times
I'd report him. It's unfortunate that you've had to talk to him about his car beforehand because he might now suspect you of reporting him.

I don't know anywhere where you can leave an unregistered (and uninsured) car on a public street. Since he hasn't driven it in over a year, he almost certainly has not paid to renew the registration, so they can at least ticket him for that.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:16 AM

192 posts, read 248,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyStrong1 View Post
I'd report him. It's unfortunate that you've had to talk to him about his car beforehand because he might now suspect you of reporting him.

I don't know anywhere where you can leave an unregistered (and uninsured) car on a public street. Since he hasn't driven it in over a year, he almost certainly has not paid to renew the registration, so they can at least ticket him for that.
Reporting him doesn't do anything. All they do is post a warning. On our blcok multiple neighbors have called in the same violators over and over...same thing a 'warning' no ticket or towing. No incentive for action, no permitting, poor permitting when it does exist.

Are you listening to how corrupt this town is from all the people who post about Bayonne here on C-D or not? Or do you get up and prancy about nothing?

Old 02-09-2015, 09:03 AM

227 posts, read 329,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregore55nj View Post
It sounds like you have the right to be annoyed. Report the vehicle to the police as abandoned. They will eventually come by and check if its registration is current and then possibly ticket/tow it. Otherwise, I don't think his tactics are illegal, just selfish. Can you park where he parks his second vehicle?
Yes, i can park where he parks his 2nd car. Infact that spot is open to the public which he is misusing by leaving a lot of space to accomodate his other car.

So i did report him and they ticketed him. I am sure he knows its me, but i could not care less. he has been giving me and my husband a stern eye everytime he sees us. and yah whatever.
I was very ticked off by his absense of basic courtesy. He knows my toddler was in the car when he asked me to wait 30 mins. When i told him what he is doing is illegal he told me that i should not be teaching him law. Also when i mentioned how he bumped my car and didnt bother telling me about it (I saw it from my window) he said maybe you should have said something then and not now.

I just dont want any unpleasant situations with neighbours but he really crossed the line this time i guess.

Thanks for your response everyone. appreciate it.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:35 AM

324 posts, read 574,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsui View Post
Reporting him doesn't do anything. All they do is post a warning. On our blcok multiple neighbors have called in the same violators over and over...same thing a 'warning' no ticket or towing. No incentive for action, no permitting, poor permitting when it does exist.

Are you listening to how corrupt this town is from all the people who post about Bayonne here on C-D or not? Or do you get up and prancy about nothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagreen10 View Post
So i did report him and they ticketed him.
Good thing OP didn't listen to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: