Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:43 PM

67 posts, read 247,625 times

Advertisements

Hi Tahiti, Your right, which I'm sure you love being. But get a grip. I can post what I choose to. If I think its worth it. Back off! It's only a forum for public opinion.
If question my opinion put it out there.
How long is the average commute for commuters these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 07:37 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,675,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union View Post
Hi Tahiti, Your right, which I'm sure you love being. But get a grip. I can post what I choose to. If I think its worth it. Back off! It's only a forum for public opinion.
If question my opinion put it out there.
How long is the average commute for commuters these days?

to answer your question, 28 minutes in NJ per the census.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:44 PM

828 posts, read 3,137,573 times
Quote:
Hi Tahiti, Your right, which I'm sure you love being.
And this coming from Miss Plethora of Misinformation.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:44 PM

67 posts, read 247,625 times
Quote:
State report cards can be found through any of the school distrist web sites or the
state link listed below.
http://www.state.nj.us.org
Barnegat Township School District
These web sites will help guide you to the schools you maybe interested in. Also look at the amount of money spent per child and what % of the local tax $ are spent on schools. Also look to see the history of the school budgets, Are they passed each year? This would tell you if the community supports their education programs too. Try to see if the district is an Abbot
district- Some schools in our state have been taken over by the state.
If my history is correct. Hudson and Union are two counties that were taken over. Big problems their. Also see the History of Superintendent ( 2 types some who stay and some are bought out and schools are letf paying for them even through they are not their any longer) All these factors play a major role in a quality education program. You might not want to send your kids to a regional school because they have a high teacher/student ratio. On the NJ Dept. of Ed web-site you'll see a section that has "Best Practices" This is the page that has the special projects that may have been funded by grants writing,PTA's, and PTO's.
You may have a wealthy school district , but no community support.
I would visit the school before you sign any contract of sale or renting.
Good Luck with your new venture!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:12 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,621,948 times
Quote:
Hi Fishfan13,
No, I dont teach in Barnegat, But I am trying to sell my home. If can only say I listed my home on city-data classified-Home section. I can advertise in this section but if AKP is interested they can private message my. You must be upset about my respone from last night . You are all over my opinion. I must have struck a nerve! Don't take it personal, people are allowed to have own opinions. But in my opinion Barnegat is doing well. Read the paper today! Barnegat HS Basketball team scored a basket with 6/10th of a second left the score was 55/53 against Centeral Regional HS. Bengal Pride! You know I don't even have a kid on the team. But like I said A community based town.
St. Benedict's of Newark is one of the top basketball teams in the state. Would you recommend moving to Newark?

Old 01-10-2008, 11:34 AM

42 posts, read 178,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKP View Post
I'm still looking forward to see any web link or something that tells me BEST Schools (Elementary, Middle and High) in NJ...

If you guys can help me find the perfect town, I would greatly appreciate it.
In South Jersey, that would be Haddonfield and Moorestown. In Haddonfield, you'll pay through the nose for property taxes as it has no business to help support the schools and receives next to no state aid.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:38 PM

116 posts, read 527,937 times
NJDOE Professional Development and Technical Assistance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey