Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 08:01 AM

32,833 posts, read 36,118,798 times

Advertisements

No it doesn't. At least, not in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 10:37 AM

11,337 posts, read 10,999,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
No it doesn't. At least, not in this thread.
It does, it was, it is addressed, we now move on.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:43 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,558,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I am not looking for a miracle cure,otherwise i would just use cocaine.

I already reduced my caloric intake and still nothing.
haha, slow metabolism??? thats funny what people will convince themselves. unless you have a medical condition, it is all about your calorie intake. especially if you are starting from a very high weight. its tougher for people that are already thin and trying to get thinner for the beach or just to impress people.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:16 AM

132 posts, read 289,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capemaysis View Post
jerseygal4u where are you located in NJ?? I know a few clinics in the south jersey area.....
Capemaysis, Im interested to know.
I have a back injury so light/brisk walking and only for short periods of time is the only excersice I am allowed to do. I'd like info please.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:54 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,792,518 times
Wow i just read many celebs used coke to lose weight.

looks promising too..

Old 02-15-2018, 08:52 AM

6,031 posts, read 6,108,264 times
Had to grave-dig this thread, which really IMO belongs in another part of the forum.

I have a "weight problem" (chuckle), an irascible, ogre-ish, intellectual nerd who is 50 years old, directs major IT programs, and spends a bit too much time on his ample rear vs. outside hiking and other activities.

We could say I am a fat guy who has eyes wide open. I am self-indulgent, single, and spend more on gadgets and sports cars than my own health. So, there you have it. All with a wry sense of humor, as self-indulgence does not equal self-delusion, people.

I've lost large amounts of weight twice in my life (50-plus pounds). I call that "brute force weight loss," meaning 1) controlled diet 2) heavy exercise 3) iron will to put down the fork and/or shove off from fatty and sugary things clearly adding to the problem. To half the wags on this thread: OF COURSE that is the way forward! It is the only way forward, to be normal weight!

But guess what: we live in an age of plenty, in a land of plenty. I seldom met a carb bar (of anything) I didn't like. Well, can't blame the food, but we *can* blame human temptation and neurosis.

Is "Neurosis" a dirty, shameful word to many on this thread? Why else would people like me, and millions of others, over-eat? Instinct, compensation for other gaps in our lives, who knows. But there it sits.

I went to weight loss clinic a few weeks ago, and started their "program" two days ago. Originally, they suggested Contrave, but now it's Qsymia based on my situation. They suggest it will take the edge off the hunger, giving time to learn what is frankly the error of my ways and make it much easier to eat sensibly. I must say, the first 48 hours without meds, but on a specific low-carb diet full of greens, protein, and not much else, was a total white-knuckler. I know *exactly* how to white-knuckle and brute-force this, but I will attempt...attempt...the addition of some meds to smooth it out. If it makes it easier, great. If not, I go off them, and try brute force (diet, exercise) yet again and will probably be successful if and only if I have sufficient will over the course of six months to a year. No days off for good behavior.

After only one day on that particular med, a "starter dosage" for two weeks, I have no idea if it is solving anything. Could be a placebo for all I know. I'm on my little diet, which is challenging but not impossible. We shall see, we shall just see what happens here. I'm willing to try something new, to get better long term results. How's that? Pretty soon, I'll start my half-hour per day on the elliptical again as that was a magnificent investment six years ago (a Precor, in my rec room).

Bottom line:

1. Yes, I/O (calories in/out) is the only answer
2. Few, if any, non-starving plans can survive without exercise. We need it regardless.
3. These pills...and there are several brands...may or may not help smooth the path to fully embracing 1) and 2). That's all I want, personally.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:40 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,558,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Is "Neurosis" a dirty, shameful word to many on this thread? Why else would people like me, and millions of others, over-eat? Instinct, compensation for other gaps in our lives, who knows. But there it sits.

Bottom line:

1. Yes, I/O (calories in/out) is the only answer
2. Few, if any, non-starving plans can survive without exercise. We need it regardless.
3. These pills...and there are several brands...may or may not help smooth the path to fully embracing 1) and 2). That's all I want, personally.
its because eating gives pleasure. it is up to us to balance that out with the negative impacts of eating too much.

exercise is totally not necessary for losing weight. it is good for health and for appearance; but reducing calories is going to account for 90+% of your weight loss even if you exercise regularly.

pills arent going to change who you are unless you never stop taking them. if you dont change your mindset; long term weight loss wont happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey