Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2008, 05:08 PM

24 posts, read 65,065 times

Advertisements

I need some honest opinons on some areas and in west jersey and 1 area of north jersey. Im lookingot rent around the 650-775 price point i work in the city trying to eventually get out at some point. i live in bergen county right now.

I got an ad about GREENWOOD LAKES NJ was wondering if anyone has any info regarding cant seem to get to much info get more fo the ny side.
is it safe is it affordable,flood, issues,economy,to many drunks in the sticks kinda place. i did research and there is a bus to ny port authority and cost inst to bad actually.

WEST JERSEY im having problems with,would like to be able to connect to rte.80 I like ROCKAWAY MALL AND SHORT HILLS MALLs so i can get a different type of work or even transfer in the same company if there is an opening problem is im not to familair with those areas ive read up and used maps and reasearched and even read other reviews on some west new jersey areas but there are some i dont see much info on or if anything at all so im and it doesnt need to be city city it can be small town,a bit more rural is fine, small city very few problems i know crime is everywhere but the less is better i just need more help in west jersey area in general any recommnedations good with the bad if example good area safe very few shops so kinda boring i live to deal with then but im kinda getting desperate to move out it either south jersey or west jersey are my 2 options, i have looked at penn state but that would woudl to be a total transplant as far as work and and i cant do home hunting and job hunting at the same time its gettig to be to much.

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 10:58 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,754,243 times
I work in Dover about .5 miles from Rockaway Mall. It seems like a very nice area. Houses are priced a little out of my price range but the schools seem great from talking to some of the locals I work with. You will definitly ned a car to get around. there are tons of shopping centers but they are spread out pretty far from each other. Morris Knolls or Morris Hills are the schools districts depending on what part of town your in. Downtown Dover is nicknamed Dover-Rico by some of the (in my opinion racist) locals as there is a fairly large hispanic community there (Mostly from Central America these days). I love having lunch in some of the shops there.

If your commuting to NYC I would NOT suggest driving in. They have a park-and-ride from the mall and the train station in Dover has an express to Hoboken.

If you have any specific questions PM me and I'll ask some of the guys I work with for their opinons/info.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:09 PM

625 posts, read 3,635,368 times
Are you looking to rent for $650-750.00 a month??? U won't even find an apartment in the nastiest neighborhood for that amount.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:27 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,754,243 times
Oooh I missed the part about rent. Yeah no way your finding even a studio for that much over here. You'll either have to get very close to PA or find a roommate. But keep in mind that travelling 80EAST during rush hour will take you 1-2 hours longer than the same distance anywhere else.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,975 times
There is a decent apartment complex in Clifton, NJ where you could rent a studio apt for about $800/mo. called Ridgefield Village. It is in a safe area. It is also close to a NJ transit commuter bus stop that you could walk to--Allwood road stop. There are commuter trains in the town too. You also would not be too far from Route 80.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:55 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,806,951 times
Default Richfield Village apts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKCK View Post
There is a decent apartment complex in Clifton, NJ where you could rent a studio apt for about $800/mo. called Ridgefield Village. It is in a safe area. It is also close to a NJ transit commuter bus stop that you could walk to--Allwood road stop. There are commuter trains in the town too. You also would not be too far from Route 80.
Richfield Village Apartments in Passaic County, Clifton, New Jersey. We offer studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and duplex apartments.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:30 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,036,844 times
Greenwood Lake is a small community just over the border from West Milford. Yes it is the sticks to an extent, but it is a beautiful area, with skinny Greenwood Lake stuck between 2 mountain ranges. There is a tiny little downtown, but it has a supermarket, some shops and restaurants, etc. Enough for most daily needs. If you need more, the Village of Warwick is a 10 minute drive, or even the downtown area of West Milford is not too far. Most of the homes are converted bungalows, some of them are quite beautiful. You can definitely find a small 1BR there for $750 plus utilities. It's a good place if you like peace and quiet. I used to have friends there and I used to live one town over in Tuxedo before relocating to Morris County, NJ.

-Marc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey