Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:03 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times

Advertisements

South River is well known as the ketchup capital of central Middlesex County. They use more ketchup per capita than any other central Middlesex County town or city, and they use more ketchup than Milltown and Sayreville COMBINED! Very impressive! I can see why Milltown and Sayreville have always been jealous. Also, the South River K of C has produced many NJ Gold Glove boxers, including Ira Needleman!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 06:39 AM

877 posts, read 2,839,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
South River is well known as the ketchup capital of central Middlesex County. They use more ketchup per capita than any other central Middlesex County town or city, and they use more ketchup than Milltown and Sayreville COMBINED! Very impressive! I can see why Milltown and Sayreville have always been jealous. Also, the South River K of C has produced many NJ Gold Glove boxers, including Ira Needleman!
Ketchup is Tomato Wine!

It's funny the job I have now which I've worked for about a year and a half, quite a few people have told me their parents or grandparents moved directly to South River from East Germany in the late 1940's.

Seems kinda funny to me that a tiny little town like South River would be known halfway across the world!

Old 09-02-2010, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,899 times
Puh-leease!! I moved to South River in January and now know why South River residents are called 'River Rats'. Between the misplaced former New Brunswick residents and the white trash meth-heads, I can't WAIT to get the hell outta here.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:15 PM

877 posts, read 2,839,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecy21 View Post
Puh-leease!! I moved to South River in January and now know why South River residents are called 'River Rats'. Between the misplaced former New Brunswick residents and the white trash meth-heads, I can't WAIT to get the hell outta here.
You're probably near the "crack house" on Ferry St.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,678 times
i am trying to get a house in belmont av in south river is antone can say something about this area?

Old 06-01-2011, 08:17 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
South River - home of Joe Theismann (changed spelling to resemble "Heisman"), Alex Wojciechowoicz and Drew Pearson.

A few years ago they had the largest football player I've ever seen in HS. The "kid" must've been about 6'9" and 400 pounds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey