Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 10:43 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelReilly View Post
I know we are assimilated I don't want little Italy I just want working class in general. It seems like anywhere that can be considered urban and working class is a ghetto where no one speaks English. I just want someone where everyone is not a young professional. I don't wanna rent I don't want to be a landlord to hipsters. You seem like a really rude person. I'm not looking for anything crazy I just can't stand to live in a place where no one is actually from here and wears a suit and tie.
Dude, you want to live in a working class neighborhood. Grow thicker skin. I was giving you advice. enjoy the poconos or try bayonne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 11:02 AM

140 posts, read 266,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Dude, you want to live in a working class neighborhood. Grow thicker skin. I was giving you advice. enjoy the poconos or try bayonne
Dude; you're rude. All I said was I wanted to live in an area that isn't all transplant young professionals. I'm from bk please don't lecture me. No excuse to be rude I'm looking for an area not a lesson. I checked Bayonne and its working class alright but working class people who just arrived 2 weeks ago...I think I'm better off looking north to Yonkers and parts of BX but thanks. I'm really sick of people telling me that what I'm looking for doesn't exist lol or to move to the Poconos.,all I asked was a simple question about Hoboken, all that had to be said was "no real people don't live there anymore" and it would've been /thread but you had to lecture me for some reason .

Old 03-08-2015, 11:06 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
Quote:
Dude; you're rude. All I said was I wanted to live in an area that isn't all transplant young professionals. I'm from bk please don't lecture me. No excuse to be rude I'm looking for an area not a lesson. I checked Bayonne and its working class alright but working class people who just arrived 2 weeks ago...I think I'm better off looking north to Yonkers and parts of BX but thanks. I'm really sick of people telling me that what I'm looking for doesn't exist lol or to move to the Poconos.,all I asked was a simple question about Hoboken, all that had to be said was "no real people don't live there anymore" and it would've been /thread but you had to lecture me for some reason .
whatever, dude

Old 03-08-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
whatever, dude
Totally, bro..

Old 03-08-2015, 02:17 PM

160 posts, read 300,767 times
Quote:
lol at the "2 weeks ago" part, you really know nothing about this area if you think that. If that's code for Bayonne not being white enough for you then I think you should leave the Tristate entirely. Nowhere around NYC has what you seem to want. Try parts of South Philly.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:43 PM

882 posts, read 1,669,709 times
Bayonne was the first town that came to mind. Also, perhaps the Heights in JC?

Also though of South Philly, in the abstract. Passyunk is getting hipster, but Pennsport is still old-school white blue collar.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampo13 View Post
lol at the "2 weeks ago" part, you really know nothing about this area if you think that. If that's code for Bayonne not being white enough for you then I think you should leave the Tristate entirely. Nowhere around NYC has what you seem to want. Try parts of South Philly.
Dude I'm from the tri-state so perhaps check yourself..it's not a "white thing" it's that most of Bayonne seemed to be new immigrants and very few Americans of any color. Sorry that the fact that I don't want to live in someone else's ethnic enclave bothers you. There were no white people period out there, I think the census white % comes from Arabs of which I saw many. Sorry I wanna be around some Italians didn't know that offends your sensibilities ugh

Old 03-09-2015, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJhighlands87 View Post
Bayonne was the first town that came to mind. Also, perhaps the Heights in JC?

Also though of South Philly, in the abstract. Passyunk is getting hipster, but Pennsport is still old-school white blue collar.
Thanks. I'm a NYer I wouldn't move to South Philly that would be wierd.

Bayonne is as Italian as Bensonhurst...i.e. Not Italian at all perhaps 25 years ago. JC? All I think of is Indians and young professionals when I think of DC.

It seems like it's either gonna be lower westchester around Yonkers or deeper in jersey ala toms river

Old 03-09-2015, 05:59 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
For a working class type neighborhood you could try The Heights section of Jersey City or the area around Journal Square in Jersey City. Journal Square would be better because of access to the Path train.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
For a working class type neighborhood you could try The Heights section of Jersey City or the area around Journal Square in Jersey City. Journal Square would be better because of access to the Path train.
What are demographics like?

I'll be honest when I've been out to the bars in JC the only white people I saw were young professional types.

Let me rephrase the question.
When you think of Guidos in north jersey, where do you imagine them living?

I know they exist because every time I go out to z2 or the munky on Staten Island every tanned "Gino" or "Maria" tells me they're from Jersey.

I would like to know where, at least in that kind of crowd I fit in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey