Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:10 PM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,297,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
Hi Chetan,
Having an office in E.Brunswick gives you quite a few options-but to be honest, I'm not too familiar with rentals in the area anymore.

I will tell you EB itself is a good town, and if you plan to stay put for a while, it has excellent schools. You have many options which would give you a minimal commute. Edison is close by, and if it's important to you has a very large Indian population. There's actually a section people call "Little India".
Some towns to check out are North and South Brunswick, Old Bridge, Sayerville, Piscataway, S.Plainfield. They are all close by and decent towns and have plenty of options for renting. If you want to go a little more South, (Monmouth County) you can live in Marlboro, or Freehold Twp. which also have great schools and would still only be a short drive. As I said, lots of options in this particular area. Monmouth County is nice because it is closer to the beaches.

Good luck!
Very true. And if you want to avoid heavy traffic, you should just consider East Brunswick since the house is very expensive and property tax very high due to good schools as well; however, rental is relatively affordable. e.g. Cross Pointe small 1br 1ba condo you may rent one for $950 as you can see in realtor.com 08816 Homes, Real Estate, Condominiums & More - REALTOR.com (http://homes.realtor.com/search/searchresults.aspx?zp=08816&typ=40 - broken link)

Although the only negative I can think of is the heavy traffic, but if you live in town, even if you got stuck 10 min on Rt 18, you can still arrive office in15 minutes. Besides, heavy traffic due to lots of stores in the area, and the gas price is very good too.

Last edited by Global Friend; 06-17-2007 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: please pm that info. to posters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 01:16 PM

10 posts, read 54,511 times
lol, crosses on the lawn thats crazy! In case of NJ you will have crosses on the side of your condo wall...hehhehe

Old 06-09-2007, 12:07 AM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,297,355 times
Another very useful site that you can find rentals are craigslist.org and sulekha.com in the Greater Edison area

Old 09-28-2013, 05:43 AM

5 posts, read 4,670 times
Hi I am planning to relocate to Parsipanny and looking for high school, which one is good my son is in Grade 11 right now and studying in Canada. What is the procedure to take admission in school?
What is the job situations in this area as compared to other NJ areas?

Old 09-28-2013, 06:14 AM

293 posts, read 720,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbdinnj View Post
yes all desi people in nj must live within a 10 mile radius of either edison, parsippany, or newark ave in jersey city. I believe it is mandated in the law somewhere

:d ...............Priceless!

Old 09-28-2013, 07:47 AM

264 posts, read 606,133 times
In general north/east/south brunswick are all good choices for you, you can pick based on rent and commute.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:02 AM

114 posts, read 212,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meameame12 View Post
Nancy, what areas of NJ are not Indian friendly? My wife is Indian, and I am white, and Id like you to share some insight, cause we are looking to buy, and dont want to go to a place where we will not be accepted--esp our children. dont want any crosses on the front lawn.
Nutley. My experience has been that this is an uneducated/working class town that has been kept "safe" by keeping out non-Italians, namely latinos/hispanics/blacks. I wouldn't live here if I were you. Try the areas mentioned above - Parsippany, Edison, or Fort Lee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey