Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2015, 10:50 AM

67 posts, read 165,703 times

Advertisements

How do the schools in Whitehouse Station & Branchburgh compare with Hillsborough?
The house prices in Whiteshouse station seem a little lower?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 06:47 PM

145 posts, read 314,979 times
Can't speak about Whitehouse Station, but the schools in Branchburg and Hillsborough are basically the same in terms of quality.

Old 04-04-2015, 06:54 PM

2 posts, read 4,364 times
Whitehouse Station is a good bit better than the other 2.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:41 PM

67 posts, read 165,703 times
Please help me out here. Ratings as per great schools gives Hillsborough schools much better ratings.
Am I interpreting something incorrectly?

White house station schools: Rating 7 & 8. Which high school do kinds in WHS go to?

Branchburgh 9 & 9 for elementary and middle. Which high school do the kids from Branchburgh go to?

Link Branchburgh Schools: Ratings and Reviews for Branchburg NJ's Best Schools | Zillow

Link: WHS schoold: Ratings and Reviews for Whitehouse Station NJ's Best Schools | Zillow

Old 04-05-2015, 01:08 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,112,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vader747 View Post
Please help me out here. Ratings as per great schools gives Hillsborough schools much better ratings.

White house station schools: Rating 7 & 8. Which high school do kinds in WHS go to?

Branchburgh 9 & 9 for elementary and middle. Which high school do the kids from Branchburgh go to?

Link Branchburgh Schools: Ratings and Reviews for Branchburg NJ's Best Schools | Zillow

Link: WHS schoold: Ratings and Reviews for Whitehouse Station NJ's Best Schools | Zillow
Whitehouse Station is not a town, it's just the name given to a section of Readington Township. As such, the kids are a part of the Readington Township Public Schools system. (And your local government and other services are Readington Township).

There's 2 schools for K-3, I presume the Whitehouse Station area goes to Whitehouse School, but you may want to check that. Then it's Holland Brook 4-5, Readington Middle 6-8, and Hunterdon Central High 9-12.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:21 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,395,326 times
Quote:
How do the schools in Whitehouse Station & Branchburgh compare with Hillsborough?
The house prices in Whiteshouse station seem a little lower?
As everybody knows location dictates home prices when you are comparing equal houses/schools.. Whitehouse Station is a beautiful area of NJ but it is one-two towns furthur out for commuters.

If you consider Bridgewater/Raritan as almost the last commuter friendly towns then you would have, Branchburg, Hillsborough,Whitehouse/Whitehouse Station being longer commutes. Anybody considering driving from further than Whithouse is just asking for a terrible commute.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:27 AM

Location: Simi Valley, California - which was once part of the USA
350 posts, read 537,534 times
Honestly this applies to every district in the country.

No need to ask around, check scores or nothing.

If Asian and White students are less than 85% of students combined it's not great

If blacks are more than 5% it's very bad

Old 04-05-2015, 06:19 PM

145 posts, read 314,979 times
Quote:

Branchburg students go to Somerville High School in Somerville.

I don't know what constitutes a "good school" but it seemed fine when I went there. In my graduating class, the overwhelming majority of students went off to college (including some Ivy League schools), so it's good from that perspective.

Where are you commuting to? Hillsborough is a rough commute if your commute involves a train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: