Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like an Awesome Food Truck to Eat once or twice a week?
Yes 13 56.52%
No 4 17.39%
Maybe - (Once in a while) 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 06:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,336 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to create a food truck that services the corporate campuses in the Parsippany area and other parts in NJ. Just wondering if anyone would even like it

It will be an array of speciality foods. One of them being high end Grilling and BBQ

Personally I hated the bland food and sometimes I never had time to drive somewhere. So once or twice a week it would be cool to have a food truck experience.

What's your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 07:08 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Absolutely...

But the times that I've had access to a food truck, the food was subpar. It was usually out of desperation because it was really busy at work.

If you can save me time by bringing GOOD food to me rather than wasting time driving and ordering, I'm all for it. More time relaxing...

Old 04-15-2015, 07:18 AM

2 posts, read 2,336 times
I agree the food needs to be high quality. Like the movie chef. I really would love it to be such an experience since it would only be there once to twice a week.

Glad to hear you are on board though? Where are your offices located?

Old 04-15-2015, 07:34 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
A food Truck would be cool, But Its not something that will be a twice a week thing most of the time, Probably be good first few weeks, then taper off.

But your time in each parking lot is limited, So whoever is in the office needs to eat then. Speed is a issue, you need to be able to move the line fast,

Cost of meal is also a issue, also weather. Its raining, snowing, Boiling hot, Very few people are going to leave there work space to stand in the parking lot in that.

Most Corp Cafe, have some sort of subsidy and/or Payment of meals with Pre-Tax dollars. So in effect your price would be double what is paid in the Cafe.

I would not be surprised that the companies that have Cafes on site don't have a exclusivity contract with Food Service provider not to allow computation on that site.

Good Luck.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:44 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Nothing can compare to quality Roach Coach food.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:25 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
I think my memories eating from the Roach Coaches in Secaucus are better than the reality.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:41 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Most NJ corporate HQs in Jersey City and Newark do not want Food trucks around. Because they have eateries nearby that pay rent and you will be asked to leave by building management.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:47 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
my brother took me to this pier type place in hoboken with some food trucks. i guess its cool. they tried to make it fancier truck food but ultimately it was mediocre. plus, i want to sit inside in an air conditioned place with a normal table/silverware/napkins, etc. so i dont really love the food truck concept. but hoboken people think its cool so maybe some place with people that are cooler than me.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:42 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Most NJ corporate HQs in Jersey City and Newark do not want Food trucks around. Because they have eateries nearby that pay rent and you will be asked to leave by building management.
Several food trucks line up near Exchange Place JC for lunch hours. I never thought about the local building owners not wanting them but perhaps these trucks can get away with it because they form a row on the curb of the Port Authority offices.

Other than long lines I enjoy the food trucks. A bit cheaper than local establishments like the office market, Markers, and Potbelly. I don't have the luxury of taking an extended sit down lunch most days plus with spring weather sitting out on the pier beats indoor seating.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:44 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
The highest quality food you can get at work is the food you bring yourself that you have prepared at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey