Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2008, 11:36 AM

646 posts, read 1,787,345 times

Advertisements

I may have the opportunity to work at AT&T in Bedminster this summer, so I was wondering what you guys think about this area? What is there to do? Is it easy to take the train in to NYC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 11:39 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,962,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
I may have the opportunity to work at AT&T in Bedminster this summer, so I was wondering what you guys think about this area? What is there to do? Is it easy to take the train in to NYC?
excellent area, the train to NYC is a bit pokey, if you're not commuting you're probably better off driving

Old 01-17-2008, 12:34 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,367,911 times
The Hills is a huge master-planned community that's about 15-20 years old and just a few miles south of AT&T's HQ- there's everything in there from 2 br condos to million dollar+ homes. As said above, train service is so-so from Far Hills or Gladstone, though alot of people do that commute- if I was going into the city for entertainment, I'd probably drive 78 to Newark and hop the train from there instead.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:58 PM

646 posts, read 1,787,345 times
Thanks for the responses, that give me a better idea of what to expect - may be a good idea to take a car there.
As far as things to do for fun, what is there to do? Are there any outdoor activities? And how would you describe the area (i.e. culture)?

Old 01-17-2008, 05:55 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,932,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
Thanks for the responses, that give me a better idea of what to expect - may be a good idea to take a car there.
As far as things to do for fun, what is there to do? Are there any outdoor activities? And how would you describe the area (i.e. culture)?
The area is suburban to rural. Youu have condo & townhome complexes and a cute little downtown type area, (in the section of Bedminster known as Pluckemin) as well as huge estates & farms. Bedminster's the heart of one of the three richest counties in the nation. You have accesst to a couple of NJ Transit train stations, depending ion where in Bedminster you live. As previously noted, many people are more comfortable driving to NYC if it's not an every day thing. Every & any activity you want is here. Great parks, with walking & biking trails. Five county owned golf courses that have been called the best municipal courses in the state. The US Equestrian complex is right nearby, along with, as you would expect, miles & miles of horse trails for horses people own or hire from the many riding facilities. Donalt Trump's "Trump National" golf course is in Bedminster, and soon Richard Bransons Virgin Spa will be here as well, on county owned land leased to Branson, which property used to be the estate of the King of Morocco. Bedminster has it's own public school for grades K-8, and they share the high school with Bernardsville, Peapack & Far Hills.
I don't want to take up too much space here. That should give a decent feel for what Bedminster is about. Feel free to ask if you want more.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:41 AM

116 posts, read 527,937 times
......and, easy access to major highways, shopping, and restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey