Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2008, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 5,106 times

Advertisements

Hi there!
I'm planning on moving into NJ area this coming summer and need your guys advice on some things that I cannot figure out by myself.
I'm a j1 holder with a good level of English and here is my question: Are there any good places/cities in NJ where I can find a summer job and rent a room for a decent price? Can you give some places to try out like Montclair bc I've heard it might be an option?
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 06:09 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,897,111 times
I know that there are places on the Jersey Shore that higher a lot of international students. Jenkinson's in Pt. Pleasant, the boardwalk in Seaside Heights and I've also heard the boardwalk in Wildwood. My guess is that if the students work there then there must be affordable housing.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 10,057 times
Default hello

you can go to wildwood cuz you can get a job and cheap place to stay and it's right on the beach so you can get a job on the bordwalk with out any visa or paper u just need your passport and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerleaders View Post
Hi there!
I'm planning on moving into NJ area this coming summer and need your guys advice on some things that I cannot figure out by myself.
I'm a j1 holder with a good level of English and here is my question: Are there any good places/cities in NJ where I can find a summer job and rent a room for a decent price? Can you give some places to try out like Montclair bc I've heard it might be an option?
Thank you!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:52 PM

2 posts, read 10,057 times
i have a qustion about any money tha i can get from the goverment for school , i mean why for a guy 23 years old who never toke any money from the goverment or food stamps or anything like that why i cant get any money for school?and where should i go and try ?

Old 02-22-2008, 06:12 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastool3000 View Post
i have a qustion about any money tha i can get from the goverment for school , i mean why for a guy 23 years old who never toke any money from the goverment or food stamps or anything like that why i cant get any money for school?and where should i go and try ?
Spelling is taught in grammar school not college.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:41 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerleaders View Post
Hi there!
Thank you!
Have you tried YMCA? Multiple locations throughout NJ and they usually have alot of postings for temporary seasonal workers.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:36 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,618,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Spelling is taught in grammar school not college.
lol jersey man

Old 02-23-2008, 11:47 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
lol jersey man
awww... leeve the pur geye aloane.... your so mean Mary who works at 7-11! : )))))))))

Old 03-23-2008, 07:39 AM

3 posts, read 12,839 times
hi, im just wondering if any of u guys have any contact numbers for some restaraunts/bars along the boardwalk in wildwood could u post them up...! wud really like to have something set up before i move over!

Old 03-23-2008, 07:52 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,637,636 times
Try here
craigslist: south jersey classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Good Luck!

Shanny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey