Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 1,920 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a good place in bergen county to purchase used auto tires. My lease is up and have to replace 2 tires and don't want to spend the money on new tires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 05:47 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,012,486 times
im almost positive that the tires have to be the same make/model of whats on the car. So unless they are the same brand, model, you are SOL.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:43 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
im almost positive that the tires have to be the same make/model of whats on the car. So unless they are the same brand, model, you are SOL.
My wife likes to lease, and she is not very careful about big scratches and dents, so I have learned a lot about returning leased cars over the years. The only time they make a big deal out of things like this is when you return it to the dealer and don't lease another car from them.

There are two ways around this. First, if you want the same make of car, just do the return and new lease at the same time. They will overlook just about anything to keep your business. Second, if you want a different make of car, return the car to the NEW car dealer and not the one where you leased it. Most dealers will take the old leased car off your hands (even if it is a different make) to get the business on the new lease, and they will overlook just about anything for the same reason. In either case, the last thing they are worried about is the brand of tires that are on the car.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:21 PM

38 posts, read 72,234 times
ebay is your friend!!!

Old 05-02-2015, 09:19 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,531,151 times
I leased a car a few years ago and when I returned it there was an allowance of a few hundred dollars for wear and tear. If you have say 40K miles on the car you could argue that's normal wear and tear for tires. The car I leased wasn't through the manufacturers leasing arm, the dealer used Chase bank. It didn't matter to me, just what the payment would be, I'd done my research and the payment and gap insurance were my concerns.
I also purchased a new car from a different make dealer but they were willing to take the lease return. I just dropped the car off and that was it.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:10 AM

747 posts, read 847,767 times
It's completely dependent on the brand of car. Go do a release inspection, then you'll know if you will for sure be charged
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey