U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 11:28 AM

6 posts, read 9,269 times

Advertisements

What are the differences? Which is better for families with young kids? Commute to NYC? Neighborhoods?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 11:44 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,111,948 times
I don't like Hanover Township.Florham Park is slightly more expensive then East Hanover.

I would either go by townships with better schools or easier commute rout to NYC.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:44 PM

6 posts, read 9,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I don't like Hanover Township.Florham Park is slightly more expensive then East Hanover.

I would either go by townships with better schools or easier commute rout to NYC.
Thanks DPolo. Can you elaborate on what you don't like about Hanover Township?

Old 05-12-2015, 01:23 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,111,948 times
It's a personal preference, that area of Hanover that neighbors parsippany I don't like. There is nothing there I guess.
I am looking at the map of Hanover right now and there is an area I traveled often and never realized it was Hanover.

I have family in Livingston and East Hanover and umm West Orange... Lived in West Orange and Livingston Myself.

Sometimes I don't like the area because it's nature not to my liking. Not enough trees I guess. But Hanover is to far west for me

Old 05-12-2015, 02:28 PM

625 posts, read 702,719 times
Florham Park real estate has really spiked up over the last 2 years. Probably can't find anything decent for less than $500-$600k. Most builders are paying $400-$500 for old houses/lots to build $1m + houses.

In East Hanover, I personally like the area between River Road and Ridgedale. I think that is the safe section to not have to worry about flooding.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:19 AM

453 posts, read 1,642,054 times
Hanover Township consists of two unincorporated communities, Cedar Knolls and Whippany, so don't let that confuse you if looking around. All kids go to Whippany Park High School. Few refer to where they live as "Hanover Township", instead using the community names.

Florham Park and East Hanover are adjoining, separate municipalities that have always been "connected" because they share a high school, Hanover Park.

The two schools are part of the same overall high school district known as Hanover Park Regional High School District.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:54 PM

7,447 posts, read 14,794,209 times
Lived in Hanover Township for 13 years and really liked it. Whippany, Cedar Knolls and Morris Plains make up Hanover Township. Property taxes used to be cheaper in Hanover than Florham Park, East Hanover. Whippany also had very good schools.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:27 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,253,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Lived in Hanover Township for 13 years and really liked it. Whippany, Cedar Knolls and Morris Plains make up Hanover Township. Property taxes used to be cheaper in Hanover than Florham Park, East Hanover. Whippany also had very good schools.
Morris Plains is NOT part of Hanover Township.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:35 PM

472 posts, read 712,532 times
Hanover Township (Cedar Knolls and Whippany), is a nice middle class town, but East Hanover and Florham Park are nicer and more upscale. All have good schools.

Old 11-28-2019, 05:28 AM

2 posts, read 1,359 times
I grew up in East Hanover, and I still have family in town. Why do I suggest it? Because I have lived all over the USA, and surprisingly, EH was the big "city" town, with the MOST home town feel. Mr. (Mayor) Pannullo, coached my softball team, I know a friend when I see one, I know the cops, they know me. It's a good nice place, it's safe, and that dynamic is not easy to come by on a street, let alone a whole town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey