Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 07:30 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,020,524 times

Advertisements

You will not find suburbs in Newark, Cranford is a short drive and a world apart. Or you can take the train or bus. There are a few apartments in your range available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 07:50 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,454,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio M View Post
You will not find suburbs in Newark, Cranford is a short drive and a world apart. Or you can take the train or bus. There are a few apartments in your range available.

?? You are saying there are no suburbs of Newark?? I am sure that will come as a shock to many in towns all around Newark.

KoalaNJ

Old 06-13-2015, 08:21 PM

472 posts, read 812,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaNJ View Post
?? You are saying there are no suburbs of Newark?? I am sure that will come as a shock to many in towns all around Newark.

KoalaNJ
I think he meant that Newark is urban, and not suburban.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:29 AM

115 posts, read 146,270 times
I would still recommend Harrison given your self-description.
Myself: single female, PhD, <34. And, the proximity of Harrison to the university area (walking, biking, or driving) is just much more convenient than many of the other areas (with the exception of game days at Red Bull Stadium... driving is a pain)... but, walking would only take 15-20 minutes and biking takes about 8 minutes.
Moreover, I am in the city (NYC) in 20 minutes tops. A lot of my social life is split btwn Manhattan, Brooklyn, and various areas in north Jersey and I feel perfectly situated to get just about anywhere efficiently (either via public transport or uber).
And, on top of all that, I definitely feel safe.
Best wishes!

Old 07-03-2015, 07:28 AM

550 posts, read 965,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Since you are right there anyway, I suggest you live in the inner city, so you can see firsthand what will happen when the utilitarian-collectivist anti-Capitalist education you are going to receive is put into practice in the real world. Think of it as an educational supplement: "Here is what I learned at school today while pursuing my PhD. Now I am sitting on my front stoop, and I can attend the homecoming of the roosting chickens."

The sad thing? I'm absolutely serious.
I'm an RBS graduate.

My honors degree and the strong network I established there have only helped me build my real estate business.

-A Fellow Realtor

Old 07-05-2015, 05:39 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradivarius View Post
I'm an RBS graduate.

My honors degree and the strong network I established there have only helped me build my real estate business.

-A Fellow Realtor

Strad for the win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey