Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,192 times

Advertisements

Seriously sad - no wonder this town is losing tax payers left and right and homes stay up for sale for years! Put up a tiny inflatable intex pool in my driveway, should be no issues, "zoning" sends me a violation. Try to get some solution from them and just more issues.

It's practically a kiddie pool. The home my wife and I own was vacant for almost 2 yrs prior to her buying it and we over paid on our taxes due to no re-assessments performed until few yrs ago. So if it weren't for us staying and buying here you guys would't have jobs PERIOD.

Trying to talk to this zoning guy was just a circular argument. The pool is being drained and I'lll have to move it - my fault for putting it in plain sight where anyone driving by could see. That doesn't mean I won't still be using it.

My tax dollars at "work"

Thanks you guys are "awesome"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 06:01 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,781,043 times
Hey, I understand your feelings. It isn't just where you live. Many towns consider these Intex pools worthy of obtaining permit status, etc. I think the reason is safety issues because they require electrical power to feed pump and are semi-permanent. Probably someone complained because it was in your driveway. But again, it isn't just where you live.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:54 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,111,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Hey, I understand your feelings. It isn't just where you live. Many towns consider these Intex pools worthy of obtaining permit status, etc. I think the reason is safety issues because they require electrical power to feed pump and are semi-permanent. Probably someone complained because it was in your driveway. But again, it isn't just where you live.
Also, that one is ~650 gallons, the 15' ones which are the exact same in terms of how they work are ~3000 gallons.

If you've got a slope towards your neighbors yard and it fails, you've just flooded their basement, for another example of potential issues.

To be fair, I don't think it should need an approval unless it's actually set up in an unsafe manner, but it's somewhat understandable why it is.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:10 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,189,508 times
Sorry, but I have to agree with the town. An item like that belongs in the backyard, not the driveway. What's next, the swing set on the front lawn? Whether or not a permit is required would depend on safety of your family and the neighbors should the pool fail.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:25 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,151,703 times
A buddy of mine and his neighbor in Midland Park were both cited for having one of those in their backyard. Unfortunately their yards can be seen from the street. You're definitely not the only one.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:30 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
This country would be uninhabited if it was up to bureaucrats to sail across the Atlantic to such unknown areas. Imagine bureaucrats pushing west in covered waggons without a permit. Good intentions without common sense are not a net net positive..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey