Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 09:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,228 times

Advertisements

My sisters and I are going to be in LBI for a week this summer and we are all in our 20's. We usually don't go out at night but this year we really want to. What are some things to do at night and where are there clubs (which bars/restaurants) that have a good and fun night life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 10:18 PM

414 posts, read 296,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkauf714 View Post
My sisters and I are going to be in LBI for a week this summer and we are all in our 20's. We usually don't go out at night but this year we really want to. What are some things to do at night and where are there clubs (which bars/restaurants) that have a good and fun night life?
Some of the clubs are bunched close together in Beach Haven, within blocks of the water slides/ Bay Village. You can't miss it because of the only Ferris Wheel on the island. I would recommend the miniature golf right there. It is one of the best 18-hole courses in Jersey (no windmills!).
Something to do before the clubs get going.

Within walking distance would be the Ketch on the bay (usually a live band), the Sea Shell on the ocean (everyone just calls it the Shell) which is both indoor and outdoor next to the dunes and the hotel pool.
The Marlin is right on the main drag in the middle of the two, which is an ok restaurant that morphs into a live band - club.

Moving north up the island, you will see Nardi's tavern on the main road. Recently redone (extensively) and very popular, plus they have a free shuttle that will pick you up and take you home (within reason).

Moving north, you'll see Daddy O's also on the main road, but more upscale ($$$) and likely an older crowd, from what I've heard.

Far north at the lighthouse resides Rick's American Cafe that does a good club business, although a far ride unless your house is above the causeway.

Some others I may have missed. Have dinner at the Engleside at least once (they also have a full sushi bar), and then you can walk over to the Shell in 5 minutes.

No matter what, have a designated driver or face the wrath of the local cops, especially at 2am. They will park and watch for any drunks, even on pedal bikes. This is why I mention Nardi's shuttle.

See you there!

PS, pick up a free copy of the Sand Paper when you arrive. The yellow boxes are found in front of many stores. In it will detail what band/dj is playing at which place each night. Then get the next edition on Weds morning to get the rest of the schedule. Any place hosting the Nerds will be worth a visit, as they are the biggest draw.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:30 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Joe Pop's in Ship Bottom but uncertain on the age of the average crowd.

Also Buckelews in Beach Haven if they have a band playing.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:52 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,977,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Also Buckelews in Beach Haven if they have a band playing.
I second Buckelews. We tried Daddy 'Os last year but it was overcrowded and overpriced IMO.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:22 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
we used to go to the marlin when we wanted to go out on lbi.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:39 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
If you like seafood, go to The Clam Bar in Beach Haven. The prices are very reasonable and the food is good.

Visit the Hudson House Bar on 13th Street in Long Beach Township. They have a shuffleboard table, a pinball machine and a dart board. The old juke might even have a selection from this century. If you're hungry, they have chips. It might be the only dive bar left on LBI. If there's another, I'd like to know.

The Surf City Hotel has interesting entertainment... if you like to sing and generally make a fool of yourself.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:31 AM

10,471 posts, read 6,982,705 times
LBI has an awesome night life. Highly recommend the Marlin, The Ketch, and the Sea Shell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey