Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 06:08 AM

88,583 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I pay less than $100 a month--about 90--for internet and cable from Comcast.
I had the triple play from them when I first moved down here (to Monmouth County). After the promotional period, it jumped to $158 a month. I called to ask for a better deal, and they gave me $129, which included HBO. I said I didn't want HBO. The guy said that's the only package I'm authorized to offer you. So, I took it, but I don't think I ever watched HBO. Then FIOS came into my town and they were offering deals, so I switched.

I had a problem with Comcast that is still ongoing. I cancelled my service, returned the equipment, and they told me I would get a final bill by snail mail. That bill never came, so I paid for the last month in full, and they just kept billing me. I wrote to them a few times and said, "I CANCELLED SERVICE, REMEMBER?", well, not in those words, but to that effect, but then a few months ago, I got a notice from a collection agency, and this stupid thing is on my credit record as in collection.

I called the collection agency, and per their instructions, I sent a letter stating WHY I don't owe this debt. That was in February or March, and I haven't heard anything again, but I checked the other day, and it's still on my credit record.

So, if I am going to do business with them again, they are going to have to straighten that out.

We had Optimum in North Jersey. I liked that better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 07:45 AM

389 posts, read 664,327 times
Im finding that its hard to judge apples-to-apples. Fios quotes you only the package, you have ot guess the fees (including DVR/additional boxes). Comcast quotes you package plus boxes. Very annoying.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:47 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I had a problem with Comcast that is still ongoing. I cancelled my service, returned the equipment, and they told me I would get a final bill by snail mail. That bill never came, so I paid for the last month in full, and they just kept billing me. I wrote to them a few times and said, "I CANCELLED SERVICE, REMEMBER?", well, not in those words, but to that effect, but then a few months ago, I got a notice from a collection agency, and this stupid thing is on my credit record as in collection.

I called the collection agency, and per their instructions, I sent a letter stating WHY I don't owe this debt. That was in February or March, and I haven't heard anything again, but I checked the other day, and it's still on my credit record.

So, if I am going to do business with them again, they are going to have to straighten that out.

We had Optimum in North Jersey. I liked that better.
I had a similar problem with Verizon. It took many months to clear up. While I did get a letter from a collection agency, it said that Verizon would be sending me to collections. There was nothing on my credit report. I didn't think to check a second, and I haven't heard from them again.

Old 07-18-2015, 10:14 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,146,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirk98 View Post
Im finding that its hard to judge apples-to-apples. Fios quotes you only the package, you have ot guess the fees (including DVR/additional boxes). Comcast quotes you package plus boxes. Very annoying.
Plus you have to factor in all the different channel packages. You might think a Comcast package is cheaper, but it could have half the channels Fios offers, or vice versa.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:33 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I had a similar problem with Verizon. It took many months to clear up. While I did get a letter from a collection agency, it said that Verizon would be sending me to collections. There was nothing on my credit report. I didn't think to check a second, and I haven't heard from them again.
I just got a letter from a different collection agency. Apparently, this isn't over. I wont be switching to Verizon any time soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: