Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 10:11 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,654 times

Advertisements

What will they construct in its place?
Also, out of curiosity, do you know in which ward this is located?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 10:46 PM

445 posts, read 586,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
What will they construct in its place?
Also, out of curiosity, do you know in which ward this is located?
The Central Ward in University Heights in the NJIT area.

As for what is planned for the site I don't know really.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:49 PM

Default Soul Food Restaurant Opens in Newark

Essex County Place: Soul Food Restaurant Opens in Newark

Old 12-01-2015, 09:50 PM

28 posts, read 30,593 times
I'm fairly young, 27, but I've lived my entire life in the Ironbound section of Newark. I went to college at NJIT and a few blocks outside the campus, it's pretty bad. Hell even on the campus! I don't see it improving at all. It's constantly going sideways. I simply cannot wait to move out of the area. There is crime here too, we've had homicides. I've had my car stolen, I've had a car broken into, I've had tires stabbed several times. My friends car was broken into IN FRONT of the police precinct. The Newark Police do not respond to car accidents unless their are casualties. If your car can move, you have to go to the precinct to fill out a police report. A big problem with the city is that the small business do their best to not allow large companies to move in. The small business need to realize that nobody wants their products. You aren't going to attract people with a boat load of junk stores. You need the chain stores that people WANT to shop in to attract travelers to the area.

The area outside of Newark Penn Station is inundated with homeless people. After dark I wouldn't suggest taking the train home from NYC. You're probably going to get mugged, or at least have 30 people ask you for money. If you like overpriced Portuguese or Ecuadorian food, this might be the city for you, but I do not. The only positive I CAN think of about Newark is that it is located next to a wealth of major highways, the airport, and Penn Station which give you easy access to get the hell out of dodge!

Old 12-01-2015, 11:12 PM

Default Office Building Coming to Newark's Ironbound

Essex County Place: Office Building Coming to Newark's Ironbound

Old 12-02-2015, 07:53 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
"I'm coming Elizabeth" said Fred Sanford over and over again.

then again what seems to be missed is in engelbert Humperdink's bit of insight...

"Two different worlds
We live in two different worlds
But we will show them
As we walk together in the sun
That our two different worlds are one"

Old 12-02-2015, 03:51 PM

625 posts, read 797,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds560 View Post
I'm fairly young, 27, but I've lived my entire life in the Ironbound section of Newark. I went to college at NJIT and a few blocks outside the campus, it's pretty bad. Hell even on the campus! I don't see it improving at all. It's constantly going sideways. I simply cannot wait to move out of the area. There is crime here too, we've had homicides. I've had my car stolen, I've had a car broken into, I've had tires stabbed several times. My friends car was broken into IN FRONT of the police precinct. The Newark Police do not respond to car accidents unless their are casualties. If your car can move, you have to go to the precinct to fill out a police report. A big problem with the city is that the small business do their best to not allow large companies to move in. The small business need to realize that nobody wants their products. You aren't going to attract people with a boat load of junk stores. You need the chain stores that people WANT to shop in to attract travelers to the area.

The area outside of Newark Penn Station is inundated with homeless people. After dark I wouldn't suggest taking the train home from NYC. You're probably going to get mugged, or at least have 30 people ask you for money. If you like overpriced Portuguese or Ecuadorian food, this might be the city for you, but I do not. The only positive I CAN think of about Newark is that it is located next to a wealth of major highways, the airport, and Penn Station which give you easy access to get the hell out of dodge!
The trash that is outside penn station is outside NYC or Jersey City.

I've lived here my entire life and have never been a victim of crime. I guess it's all about perception.

In what major city do cops come for reports after minor accidents? Does Jersey City or Elizabeth?

You can't compare a city to a town.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:54 PM

625 posts, read 797,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds560 View Post

Over priced food? The food you get is cheap for what you get. Maybe you just don't know what a normal meal costs at a regular restaurant.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:59 PM

28 posts, read 30,593 times
I am very well traveled. The food here is definitely not cheap, maybe if you're into a portuguese bbq, but the actual nice restaurants are just as if not more expensive then NYC, DC, Philly, Vegas, New Orleans, etc.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:34 AM

Default Pet Supply Store Opening in Newark's North Ward

Essex County Place: Pet Supply Store Opening in Newark's North Ward
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey