Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 06:51 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Yeah I live in NW Jersey in an affluent area, 6th or so wealthiest county in the country..didn't realize I was so "retrograde".
Well I'm originally from Staten Island, so Tahiti I guess that makes you the hill person.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 12:53 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangenj View Post
There, fixed it for you...
both sides use convenient language for political reasons. its funny to see someone take it actually so boldly shape their mindset based on this political speak.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:25 PM

510 posts, read 500,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I saw New Jersey Representative Chris Smith being interviewed on Eternal Word Television Network last night. How has a Catholic Republican who strongly opposes abortion managed to retain his seat in an overwhelmingly Democratic, socially-liberal state for over 30 years?
NJ is quiet Catholic (this is actually true for most of the Northeast), but generally speaking most people here DO NOT vote by religion of the politician. Actually there is a very high chance is opponent was also Catholic. Some of the more dyed-in-wool liberal democrats most likely have "Religious Affiliation: Roman Catholic" on their Wikipedia irregardless of their actual observance.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:02 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Yeah I live in NW Jersey in an affluent area, 6th or so wealthiest county in the country..didn't realize I was so "retrograde".
That was news to me too.

Luckily we have such forward areas like Newark and Camden to aspire to.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:12 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,612,908 times
He ate his most vocal detractors.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:22 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
He represents the Deliverance/relocated Staten Islander section of the state. Two of the most retrograde populations in NJ outside of NW Jersey.
this is the disgusting and divisive speak of the elitist leftist. always looking to belittle people with different political views because you think you are smarter than everyone else. im not familiar with the various towns in my district but Chris Smith is my rep and i dont think ive ever heard anyone refer to my town or people around us as "retrograde" (or any similar phrase since i dont think ive ever heard anyone use that word).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey