Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2015, 10:56 AM

5 posts, read 11,375 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'll be moving to Jersey City in a few weeks and looking for rentals now. I'm looking at the Heights and Journal Sq (around path station) areas and I have a car. I am having a hard time finding a rental that comes with a parking spot so I am wondering what other options I have to park my car.

I don't want to have to worry about finding a street spot every day. Are there any monthly parking lots in the Heights or Journal Sq area where I can rent a spot for my car?

Is there any website / online map where I can find a list of such parking lots to take a look at proximity to the lots before renting the apt? I am willing to rent apartments if there are parking lots within a block or two.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by subhrakb; 07-24-2015 at 11:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 01:12 PM

3,022 posts, read 5,861,201 times
Even if a parking lot or garage is within a few blocks of where you rent it may be reserved for renters of a different building. When we lived in JC we had to show our lease to prove that we lived in a specific building to be allowed to rent a space in that particular parking garage.

So, a map wouldn't help in this case. I think that you'll need to ask your question of each rental, or perhaps your real estate agent may know.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:34 PM

Thanks for the response. With a map I could call the lot and ask if it's open to the public. Also, I'm not referring to the parking garages that come with developments but rather to parking lots that are open to the public for daily / weekly / monthly rent.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:29 PM

516 posts, read 1,007,717 times
There are several lots in JSQ that go between $125-$210. Also, check Craiglist for people renting out parking spots in front of their houses.

The easiest way to find a spot in a big lot is to walk around JSQ and look for the banners hanging around the lot entrances. The cheapest I've seen is $125 a month at the corner of Van Wagenen and Sip, across from the Twin City supermarket.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:33 PM

Thank you very much. That was very helpful. Is this true about the Heights area true? Are there such lots in the Heights area?

Old 07-24-2015, 05:59 PM

516 posts, read 1,007,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subhrakb View Post
Thank you very much. That was very helpful. Is this true about the Heights area true? Are there such lots in the Heights area?
I don't know... not as familiar with the area.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:06 AM

638 posts, read 2,246,289 times
Will you be driving each weekday to go to work? If so, street parking is managable. I live downtown and park on the street without much issue. I can usually find a spot within one block from my apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: