Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 06:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,156 times

Advertisements

So I thought today was the first of the month so of course I bough my august monthly pass. I almost threw away the July one but didn't see a trash can so I held on to it. I get on the train and the guy days I need your July one, I'm like huh? He's like it's July 31 and I'm like here thinking this guy is busting my balls I still thought it was august. So I laughed and was like ok haha... he's like I need your July one, and I think I realized oh it is July 31 but even so I was like really he can't let it go by one day? Doesbt what matters is that I paid for my train ticket? I mean that's the only reason I can see them being pushy is if you don't have a ticket. But I paid a whopping 285 for this monthly, so you bet I was like wtf really by one day youre gonna be a jerk off? Since I had my July I just showed him ir and he blabbering on for a sec then left.

I get it, its the next month's ticket but it doesn't make sense. If you can use the July up to noon on August 1 then why can't you use august on the last day, even if it's a mistake. It's not like nj transit gives impeccable service. I barely get to my destination on time. There's always delays yet you're so keen on taking my money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 07:01 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
So in response to the thread title, NJT's rule makes sense. You're just asking why the conductor didn't bend it for you?

Old 07-31-2015, 08:29 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,188,336 times
Let me get this straight -- OP, you're frustrated because the conductor asked for the July monthly pass in July? My God! How dare he!?! That is insane! Be aware of those crooks. I bet he will ask for a August pass in August.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:44 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,868,278 times
So you had a July pass and he asked for a July pass and therefore the rules don't make sense?

There's something that doesn't make sense, but I'm not sure that you have the correct noun.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:49 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,491 times
I'm sure this is just a NJ Transit issue... *sarcasm*

Old 07-31-2015, 09:00 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
And if it WAS Aug 1st and you just had your July pass, he would have let you slide by for the morning ride.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:48 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
The conductor is not being a jerkoff. He's doing what his job says he has to do. There's nothing extra-special about you above and beyond thousands of other passengers that he should risk losing his job by letting you ride on the wrong month's ticket. I'm sure he has heard the "I didn't know what day it is" story 100 times.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:53 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stationorange12 View Post
So I thought today was the first of the month so of course I bough my august monthly pass. I almost threw away the July one but didn't see a trash can so I held on to it. I get on the train and the guy days I need your July one, I'm like huh? He's like it's July 31 and I'm like here thinking this guy is busting my balls I still thought it was august. So I laughed and was like ok haha... he's like I need your July one, and I think I realized oh it is July 31 but even so I was like really he can't let it go by one day? Doesbt what matters is that I paid for my train ticket? I mean that's the only reason I can see them being pushy is if you don't have a ticket. But I paid a whopping 285 for this monthly, so you bet I was like wtf really by one day youre gonna be a jerk off? Since I had my July I just showed him ir and he blabbering on for a sec then left.

I get it, its the next month's ticket but it doesn't make sense. If you can use the July up to noon on August 1 then why can't you use august on the last day, even if it's a mistake. It's not like nj transit gives impeccable service. I barely get to my destination on time. There's always delays yet you're so keen on taking my money.
You can use the old ticket in the morning of the new month because some do not have a ticket office at which to purchase a new monthly in the morning and they can't always count on the ticket machines functioning. Also, TransitChek vouchers can't be used in machines. But you knew that.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:25 AM

248 posts, read 674,479 times
Although, the conductor didn't break any rules I agree with the OP. For those of us who take the NJ transit train everyday, in this situation you can clearly tell the conductor was being an *******.

I mean the conductor could've explained the situation in a more cordial manner then having a power trip over such a trivial issue.

Sometimes our society gets so bent outta shape trying to follow the law that they lose sight of expressing common courtesy. It's not like the OP spent $285 to get out of a $10 train fare. Most people who buy monthly passes are regulars and probably aren't trying to exploit some silly loop hole.

PS: Same goes for the ******* conductor who refuse to answer when people ask them if this train goes to XYZ stop. Its okay if you dont want to open the mouth but at least have a decency to nod your head you stuck up son of a...

Old 07-31-2015, 11:53 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,851 times
I think you guys are picking on the conductor. Why would you think you can use August monthly train path during any other month ?

They give you a brake for a day or 2 in letting you use last month path on the 1rst day of the next month anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey