Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:19 PM

612 posts, read 1,010,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
thanks, and I am not being antisemetic, its the truth!!! Thanks Oakman. Yes people that is the truth!!
I have no problem with Jewish people, but I do have a problem with the people run the city of Teaneck, who happen to be Jewish. My family owned a business there since the late 50s and the town did nothing but get in there way since the mid 80s. They eventually shut down the business and simply used the property as storage. Each time they tried to sell it, the town blocked the sale because they wanted to reclassify the location. In doing so, they forced my family to sell it for 300k less than what they were offered 3 years ago. The sale wasn't approved until the buyer was Jewish. I don't find this to be a coincidence. In fact, an Arab gentleman wanted to buy it to use it for the same purpose as the person who it was recently sold to and the town refused to approve the sale because they claimed the property wasn't approved for what he wanted it used for.

There was also a group of doctors, who were not Jewish, who were forced out of their building around the corner through the town's legislation. They expressed interest in buying our building and the town got in their way as well.

This has nothing to do with being anti-semetic. The politicians in Teaneck are scum and have their own agenda, which is probably counter productive to whatever you would like to do unless you happen to have the same interests as them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 12:30 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoakman View Post
i have no problem with jewish people, but i do have a problem with the people run the city of teaneck, who happen to be jewish. My family owned a business there since the late 50s and the town did nothing but get in there way since the mid 80s. They eventually shut down the business and simply used the property as storage. Each time they tried to sell it, the town blocked the sale because they wanted to reclassify the location. In doing so, they forced my family to sell it for 300k less than what they were offered 3 years ago. The sale wasn't approved until the buyer was jewish. I don't find this to be a coincidence. In fact, an arab gentleman wanted to buy it to use it for the same purpose as the person who it was recently sold to and the town refused to approve the sale because they claimed the property wasn't approved for what he wanted it used for.

There was also a group of doctors, who were not jewish, who were forced out of their building around the corner through the town's legislation. They expressed interest in buying our building and the town got in their way as well.

This has nothing to do with being anti-semetic. The politicians in teaneck are scum and have their own agenda, which is probably counter productive to whatever you would like to do unless you happen to have the same interests as them.
ditto!!!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 05:52 PM

5 posts, read 20,638 times
Hey Openheads, I was trying to compliment you. But you're pretty nasty. So, nevermind.
And no I'm not making anything up. I've probably lived in Teaneck wayyyy longer than you. I never said the neighborhoods were "bad", (if you actually read what I wrote), I merely defined them ethnically. You don't have to agree with me, but you don't have to be rude. Yuck!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:18 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,686,780 times
This forum comes back up way to much

Old 02-12-2009, 10:38 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoakman View Post
I have no problem with Jewish people, but I do have a problem with the people run the city of Teaneck, who happen to be Jewish. My family owned a business there since the late 50s and the town did nothing but get in there way since the mid 80s. They eventually shut down the business and simply used the property as storage. Each time they tried to sell it, the town blocked the sale because they wanted to reclassify the location. In doing so, they forced my family to sell it for 300k less than what they were offered 3 years ago. The sale wasn't approved until the buyer was Jewish. I don't find this to be a coincidence. In fact, an Arab gentleman wanted to buy it to use it for the same purpose as the person who it was recently sold to and the town refused to approve the sale because they claimed the property wasn't approved for what he wanted it used for.

There was also a group of doctors, who were not Jewish, who were forced out of their building around the corner through the town's legislation. They expressed interest in buying our building and the town got in their way as well.

This has nothing to do with being anti-semetic. The politicians in Teaneck are scum and have their own agenda, which is probably counter productive to whatever you would like to do unless you happen to have the same interests as them.
I thought this type of clannishness disappeared a long, long, time ago. There was a time when ethnic groups felt edged out by the majority and acted in this way in retaliation, but there is no excuse for this horrid behavior now.

Some of the same dunderheads who scream 'anti-semetism' or 'racism' are going out of their way to create it.

The thing is, if we act in a similar clannish way, we become what we hate.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:49 AM
UK1

3 posts, read 7,228 times
Well. That was certainly a wide range of responses. Teaneck is obviously geared towards the Jewish community. Is that a bad thing? No. Where there are Synagogues, that means you have home owners that are always looking after the neighborhood and each other. Yes. Taxes are high in Teaneck. Yes. There are areas that are predominantly white/black. But there are also areas that are mixed. Everywhere that I go within Teaneck, I always meet wonderful people. Oh! I live on the so called "other side of Route 4" raising 3 children and we are all doing very well. Don't worry. It will be fine

Old 06-22-2009, 10:51 AM
UK1

3 posts, read 7,228 times
I realize that this response is a few months down the road, but I just had to reply after reading it. How is it going for you guys?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:42 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,953,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoriNice View Post
Let me rephrase that...The Glenpointe area was known as the "we don't know where to put you" place. The exception to the Teaneck rule.
The Glenpointe area is South Teaneck and it was the white, Catholic/Christian part that used to pretend it was part of Bogota. It wasn't a great neighborhood even twenty years ago, I can't imagine it's a great neighborhood now.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:07 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,290,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
The Glenpointe area is South Teaneck and it was the white, Catholic/Christian part that used to pretend it was part of Bogota. It wasn't a great neighborhood even twenty years ago, I can't imagine it's a great neighborhood now.
I think the Glenpointe community itself is a nice community -- very nice. It's a private, gaited community with very expensive, high-end townhouses (relative to the average townhouse). The retail shops that are there were -- don't know if they still are -- high-end as well. The office space has always been expensive, and the hotel is also very nice, and certainly not cheap.

As far as the surrounding areas, the complex is insulated from whatever you may or may not like. If you don't like the actual neighborhoods south of there, say along Teaneck Road, heading toward Ridgefield Park, west of there, say along DeGraw heading toward Bogota -- that's fine. You don't go shopping there. The Southern Teaneck area has been changing for many years. However, specifically with Glenpointe, it's very nice and not reliant upon the surrounding area.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:28 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,953,679 times
Oh, I wasn't talking about Glenpointe, but the area around Glenpointe that you mentioned. GP wasn't even there until 20 years ago.

My point was that South Teaneck has certainly changed in terms of ethnicity, but I think it wasn't such a great place to live even when it was white, contrary to what a lot of white people like to believe about places they don't live anymore.

(P.S. I'm white and grew up there)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey