Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 08:52 PM

3 posts, read 2,688 times

Advertisements

I respect your time to read my post, any micro help would really make a big difference in our Life.

My 5 year old Son is Autistic , He is non-verbal (Still working to bring up language) and hyperactive, like all other parents we are also going through a hard time in our life. My native is South India (Tamil) I work in Jersey City and live in Harrison, NJ and my Son was going to New Beginnings, Fairfield, but couldn't see much improvement . So I have decided to get him a better place . Read blogs, visited multiple places, met lot of parents and I have these options as I have long term plan to buy a house around the place which gives a better environment to my Son's future.

Edison:
+ Indian communities, Best schools, Good commutation, another known Autistic Family who were happy about what they get there.
+ Possibility of sending my Kid out of district if required.
+ Have few friends around to support.

- Strength of kids in schools is high. so possibility of getting attention to individuals might be less.
- House prices are huge.

East Brunswick:
+ Best schools, another known Autistic Family who were happy about what they get there.
+ Strength of kids in schools is medium. so possibility of getting attention to individuals high.
+ Got to know lot of after school programs for Autistic kids & many summer programs.
+ Can buy a house for affordable price.

- Less Indian community
- Commutation to work (Jersey City) is a bit difficult.

Please share your opinion or better option, similar experience or view, which might help to decide. I have Paramus as the first option for the service it provides, but on a long term I feel as a orphan there.

Thanks,
Senthil .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 07:42 AM

1 posts, read 706 times
Hi.. My son is 3 n yet not comprehending.. he has few words but does not seem to understand direction.. no official diagnosis as of yet, he was in early intervention and goes to District school as of now. Can you tell me how you got medical diagnosis ? any doctors u suggest ?

Old 03-31-2017, 09:16 AM

10 posts, read 11,849 times
please see your message inbox . if you need any more assistance or have questions feel free to reach out

Old 03-31-2017, 12:36 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,496,877 times
I have heard very good things about the autism programs in East Brunswick. I don't know anything about Edison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey