Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:38 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times

Advertisements

what is boudoir? nudes?

Old 05-06-2009, 12:43 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
if you have any pics to share that would be good

Old 05-06-2009, 05:09 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
if you have any pics to share that would be good
honestly dont you think her boyfriend would be happier with a new set of rims, a motorcycle part or a great tool over a picture of your girlfriend in the bedroom. I mean your already long term dating so whats the excitment. This gift idea I think stinks unless its a picture of someone HE HAS NOT SEEN!!! Even worse its a financee, this may end the marriage!!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:18 AM

1,184 posts, read 4,044,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
what is boudoir? nudes?
No. Boudoir is French for a woman's bedroom or private sitting/dressing area. In French literature of the 1700's, it was a room within a maison where the lady would retire to receive "intimate" guests.

Boudoir photography has been around for over a century. Originally, it began sometime in the 9th or 10th century as sketches of "ladies of the night" in undergarments as a "remembrance" for customers. With the development of the camera, women sought pictures of themselves that captured their femininity.

In essence, it is the intimate photography of a woman from a distance. Real boudoir photography involves settings that are alluring and sensual but always with a sense of something glorious being hidden or just out of reach. At the same time, the woman being photographed should garner a sense of being sensual and empowered within the photo. This can be achieved through use of gauzy fabric, blind slats, divided light windows, and just shadows. Fabrics, especially silk, lace, satin, and cotton can add to the allure. Hints of bare skin and slopes on the woman's body complete the boudoir look.

Unfortunately, Playboy, Penthouse, and the other assorted garbage pretending to be "men's magazines" have really reduced the female body to "things" to be photographed, usually just vulgar displays of nudity without any effort to draw a man into thoughts of beauty or lush intimacy.

For what it is worth, good boudoir photography is usually accomplished with a team of photographers, one female, one male. The female photographer will help to appeal to the woman's personal sense and boundaries while the male can help to draw out a bit more of the raw sexuality. Today's photographers have broadened the genre of boudoir photography into more role-playing or fantasy. Some of the truly remarkable photographers will draw out the sensuality with wardrobes from various periods, props and locations.

Perhaps the two biggest "concerns" for any woman thinking of having such a photo shoot done would be 1) who will see the photos after the shoot, and 2) the comfort level she will have with the photographer and the staff (make-up, hair, assistants).

For 1, I would suggest making sure the photographer captures everything digitally and has a secure 256-bit encrypted server that has minimal access. That is only s/he and maybe a graphic artist. If a woman chooses a photographer who uses film (yes, they are still out there), then that film needs to be developed in-house and scanned in-house.

For 2, that becomes a personal preference. Some photographers will have staff around during the shoot for control of lighting, shifting props, and of course, hair and make-up. If you are uncomfortable with other men or women standing around watching you in various states of undress, you need to make that clear to the photographer and you need to be comfortable with the photographer also.

All that said, I don't have any suggestions for a photographer. And no, I don't do this kind of work. My focus is sports and nature.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:33 AM

587 posts, read 2,178,604 times
I'll do it for free and I’ll even remember to bring film this time, lol.

I'm with stevemorse although I love seeing my wife nude I’d rather see it in person. And between a photo and a motorcycle accessory, I would go with the later. Furthermore if he is the jealous type he may question you on who took the shoots and be angry if it were a male photographer like in “my fair brady”. And where would he hang that up anyway, somehwere where all his friends can see or in his work cubical?

Old 05-06-2009, 07:43 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,522 times
Get the motorcycle tool/etc and put the picture in the gift box with it.

Better yet, maybe a tool box with your pic in the lid!

Guys appreciate that stuff, but they (in general) like solid objects better. An intimate video is one thing, but burnt to a disk and put in a new Blu-Ray player is another.

The solid object is the gift foundation. The photo/personal items are just the thing that adds that final personal touch.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:03 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumra View Post
I'll do it for free and I’ll even remember to bring film this time, lol.

I'm with stevemorse although I love seeing my wife nude I’d rather see it in person. And between a photo and a motorcycle accessory, I would go with the later. Furthermore if he is the jealous type he may question you on who took the shoots and be angry if it were a male photographer like in “my fair brady”. And where would he hang that up anyway, somehwere where all his friends can see or in his work cubical?
I was wondering the same thing, where would he keep these? My DH would much rather have a gift card to Bottle King!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:03 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNYYfan View Post
No. Boudoir is French for a woman's bedroom or private sitting/dressing area. In French literature of the 1700's, it was a room within a maison where the lady would retire to receive "intimate" guests.

Boudoir photography has been around for over a century. Originally, it began sometime in the 9th or 10th century as sketches of "ladies of the night" in undergarments as a "remembrance" for customers. With the development of the camera, women sought pictures of themselves that captured their femininity.

In essence, it is the intimate photography of a woman from a distance. Real boudoir photography involves settings that are alluring and sensual but always with a sense of something glorious being hidden or just out of reach. At the same time, the woman being photographed should garner a sense of being sensual and empowered within the photo. This can be achieved through use of gauzy fabric, blind slats, divided light windows, and just shadows. Fabrics, especially silk, lace, satin, and cotton can add to the allure. Hints of bare skin and slopes on the woman's body complete the boudoir look.

Unfortunately, Playboy, Penthouse, and the other assorted garbage pretending to be "men's magazines" have really reduced the female body to "things" to be photographed, usually just vulgar displays of nudity without any effort to draw a man into thoughts of beauty or lush intimacy.

For what it is worth, good boudoir photography is usually accomplished with a team of photographers, one female, one male. The female photographer will help to appeal to the woman's personal sense and boundaries while the male can help to draw out a bit more of the raw sexuality. Today's photographers have broadened the genre of boudoir photography into more role-playing or fantasy. Some of the truly remarkable photographers will draw out the sensuality with wardrobes from various periods, props and locations.

Perhaps the two biggest "concerns" for any woman thinking of having such a photo shoot done would be 1) who will see the photos after the shoot, and 2) the comfort level she will have with the photographer and the staff (make-up, hair, assistants).

For 1, I would suggest making sure the photographer captures everything digitally and has a secure 256-bit encrypted server that has minimal access. That is only s/he and maybe a graphic artist. If a woman chooses a photographer who uses film (yes, they are still out there), then that film needs to be developed in-house and scanned in-house.

For 2, that becomes a personal preference. Some photographers will have staff around during the shoot for control of lighting, shifting props, and of course, hair and make-up. If you are uncomfortable with other men or women standing around watching you in various states of undress, you need to make that clear to the photographer and you need to be comfortable with the photographer also.

All that said, I don't have any suggestions for a photographer. And no, I don't do this kind of work. My focus is sports and nature.
beautiful description, nice writing!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 03:31 PM

1,184 posts, read 4,044,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
beautiful description, nice writing!!!
Thanks!

Old 07-14-2009, 11:50 PM

3 posts, read 35,703 times
Default Bloomers and Blush Boudoir

Visit BloomersandBlush.com for a full view of my Boudoir Photography ‎(BloomersandBlush.com)‎

You'll love her stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey