Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2015, 03:55 AM

2 posts, read 1,723 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone I'm new to this and there is something that has been scaring me to DEATH. So I got amessage from this teenage girl I think and she asked who are u. I said excuse me I don't know who u are, then she said y did u call me and I said I don't recall, she sent me a pic that I called her so I guess I must have dialed a wrong number. I mean we're all human right? So then she thought I was one of her friends and I tried convincing her I wasn't so then she said her uncle is a cop and they will track my number. Then later that evening I for a call from a similar number but it was from Russia. GUYS DID I DO ANYTHING WRONG please help me. I know u all are good and helpful people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 06:12 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,050,479 times
Block her number. Problem solved.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:47 AM

5,767 posts, read 16,536,221 times
I would think it sounds more like they are trying to scam you. I wouldn't worry about it.

I got a call yesterday, while driving, from some clown saying he's from the US department of government, I just told him "oh sure, get the H outahere ". Good bye click.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:55 AM

5,767 posts, read 16,536,221 times
On most cell phones you can display a history of the numbers you called but I wouldn't worry about it anyway. Nobody is going to do anything if you dialed a wrong number anyway. Sounds more like some scammers looking for a victim. Ignore.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:21 AM

19,064 posts, read 25,204,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
I got a call yesterday, while driving, from some clown saying he's from the US department of government, I just told him "oh sure, get the H outahere ". Good bye click.
I have to say that you are much more polite than I am.
Almost all of the calls that I receive that are supposedly from a government agency are apparently coming from Mumbai or some other place on the Indian subcontinent. I am proud to say that I am greatly expanding the vocabulary of these people (who can barely speak understandable English) by exposing them to a variety of four-letter words before I hang up on them.

Some day they will thank me for improving their vocabulary of colloquial English words.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:29 AM

2 posts, read 1,723 times
Thank u guys so much for all ur answers the only part Im scared of is that the same number called me but It was in Russian form and it said from rusiia

Old 10-16-2015, 11:33 AM

3,021 posts, read 5,829,310 times
Sounds like a scam. Just block the number.

If it will make you worry less than report the issue to the police station in your town. They're probably pulling the same scam on others, so the police might like to be aware of this scam.

Otherwise, just ignore it.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:07 PM

26 posts, read 33,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I have to say that you are much more polite than I am.
Almost all of the calls that I receive that are supposedly from a government agency are apparently coming from Mumbai or some other place on the Indian subcontinent. I am proud to say that I am greatly expanding the vocabulary of these people (who can barely speak understandable English) by exposing them to a variety of four-letter words before I hang up on them.

Some day they will thank me for improving their vocabulary of colloquial English words.

You give'em back sir/madam...

There was recent fraud done by some guy in PA. He was part of a racket that would call elderly immigrants and tell them that "there are so many years of unpaid taxes and government is ready to issue an arrest warrant in your name". Unless, you are ready to pay immediate fine of x thousand dollars, they will come and get you". Then, these people would instruct them to go nearest big-box retailer, purchase some sort of cards, load them with cash, and give the numbers of those cards. All the funds were disbursed internationally, so it became very difficult to track everything. There were so many people who received these dubious calls, and so many that fell for this and sadly lost thousands of dollars of hard-earned money. Their fraud ran into millions of dollars. I think they caught this guy finally.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:02 PM

9,310 posts, read 16,615,538 times
Block the number and report to the police. A friend had ID stolen, including her phone number so no one could reach her.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:15 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,250,936 times
You are going to need a false passport and $2,000 in cash. Take the red-eye to Frankfurt tomorrow night and meet me at gate 13. I'll be the one with a red carnation in his lapel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey