Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 08:14 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,145,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post

To me? The issue is more of one where the vocal minority gets their way AGAIN and "political correctness" (to coddle the whiners) steps in and ruins it for the majority.

What's next?
I agree. It's sad we have to live in a society where everyone is so afraid of offending someone else. We all have to succumb to the lowest common denominator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 09:16 PM

166 posts, read 326,603 times
this is so sad.

Under the same logic we need to ban Thanksgiving from schools because some kids might be Vegetarians and it offends them and they don't participate.

Also the article doesn't explain why Halloween is offense or why certain people do not celebrate it. Growing up everyone I know celebrated Halloween. Free candy. Hanging with your friends in costumes. Also 20% sounds pretty high. Where are these people from that they don't celebrate Halloween!

It's an American Tradition like Apple Pie and Baseball.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:41 PM

10,474 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman109 View Post
this is so sad.

Under the same logic we need to ban Thanksgiving from schools because some kids might be Vegetarians and it offends them and they don't participate.

Also the article doesn't explain why Halloween is offense or why certain people do not celebrate it. Growing up everyone I know celebrated Halloween. Free candy. Hanging with your friends in costumes. Also 20% sounds pretty high. Where are these people from that they don't celebrate Halloween!

You're not to far off, I suspect soon a group will be offended by Thanksgiving too

Old 10-21-2015, 10:46 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman109 View Post
this is so sad.

Then keep that American tradition at home where it belongs.

I'd rather not pay taxes to support kids who are not even mine celebrating and eating free candy instead of learning.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:52 AM

510 posts, read 500,269 times
When I was in school (private school) we had the first half of the day as normal classes, then at lunch we went home, changed into our costumes and came back for festivities (or you changed at school). Why not enact the same, but let the fun hating parents pick up their kids and shelter them at home? Let the rest have fun. School doesn't always have to be about classroom learning, some of my fondest memories in school were Halloween.

Just for reference this took place in the late 80s-90s.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:55 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Halloween is fun. Whether liberal or conservative, people today are way too sensitive. Let the kids have fun.

Its not even a religious holiday, unless you consider paganism a religion, but even if you do, Halloween doesn't celebrate paganism. It's a secular holiday. Children have fun. Women wear sexy costumes. How can people have a problem with any of that?

Old 10-21-2015, 08:16 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluffen View Post
When I was in school (private school) we had the first half of the day as normal classes, then at lunch we went home, changed into our costumes and came back for festivities (or you changed at school). Why not enact the same, but let the fun hating parents pick up their kids and shelter them at home? Let the rest have fun. School doesn't always have to be about classroom learning, some of my fondest memories in school were Halloween.

Just for reference this took place in the late 80s-90s.
That's what the little kids do at our school- up until 3rd or 4th grade.

The parade and "party" lasts an entire hour, but it's at the end of the day.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:37 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,308 times
The Rightwing faux outrage..................

Old 10-22-2015, 10:37 AM

1,849 posts, read 1,808,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
No, in my experience working for companies big and small Halloween is when some workers leave early to take their kids out. If your job celebrates it then good for you, just about every corporate job do not.
Maybe because you work in NYC at a company with a sterile work culture?

Old 10-22-2015, 05:30 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
The protals of social justice, formerly called schools, seem to be erasing all trace of American culture. Imagine a country that has no cultural identity. The richness of a country's culture is to be celebrated everywhere but America where any celebration is found to offend someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey