Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 03:41 PM

7 posts, read 14,175 times

Advertisements

Considering moving here and just wanted to hear from those living in NJ what they think of Montville Township
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 05:46 PM

4,285 posts, read 10,763,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68ipv View Post
Considering moving here and just wanted to hear from those living in NJ what they think of Montville Township
Very wealthy town. Thats really the only thought I have on it. I live fairly close and drive past its exit every day, but never actually go there. I dont think there is much of anything there other then houses. That said, the surrounding towns are close by and have plenty of options for shopping, eating out, etc.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:05 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,187,271 times
My sister lives in Montville. The northern section is quite nice with larger homes. This thread will give you some good info. //www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...tville-nj.html

What I might add is that the taxes are high for Morris County. She and her husband are looking to leave once they retire as it is too expensive to stay.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:05 AM

25 posts, read 37,635 times
If you have no kids, avoid it.
Lived in Pine Brook NJ (Rachel Gardens rental community) through high school and went to Montville high. I am now in my late 20s.

It sure is a wealthy town.
Good school systems. Closeby shopping and eating in adjacent towns (ie. Parsippany, Boonton) . Lots of traffic around Rt 46. Close to i80.

Taking some from the other thread. There is no "bad" or "sketchy" areas of this town in my opinion. All of Rt46 looks sketchy if you want to be that picky.

The perception of "sketchy" is dependent on the individual. Rachel Gardens condos is the densely populated area but it is very far from the actual "Pine Brook" vicinity. Many indians, asians..etc live there but most of them are families with kids playing outdoors.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:03 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,977,097 times
Describe what you're looking for...

Old 10-28-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Describe what you're looking for...
Well, now we're realizing that much of this town is not within our budget. Looking to spend between 700,000-850,000. Are there any towns VERY similar to Montville in every way ANYWHERE in NJ, but priced a little lower? We are in love with everything about this town.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:15 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,977,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68ipv View Post
Well, now we're realizing that much of this town is not within our budget. Looking to spend between 700,000-850,000. Are there any towns VERY similar to Montville in every way ANYWHERE in NJ, but priced a little lower? We are in love with everything about this town.
I don't mean to be unkind. But it is very difficult to help you. In your other thread you were focused on other towns like Totowa, Sparta and Morris Plains, in addition to Montville. Those towns are quite different from each other.

If you know that Montville is exactly what you like (except price) I am puzzled that you need anyone to describe the town for you.

I again gently suggest you look at the "sticky" post on the first page for other criteria that will help readers understand how to help you. perhaps review a few posts that have gotten active/helpful responses to see examples.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
I don't mean to be unkind. But it is very difficult to help you. In your other thread you were focused on other towns like Totowa, Sparta and Morris Plains, in addition to Montville. Those towns are quite different from each other.

If you know that Montville is exactly what you like (except price) I am puzzled that you need anyone to describe the town for you.

I again gently suggest you look at the "sticky" post on the first page for other criteria that will help readers understand how to help you. perhaps review a few posts that have gotten active/helpful responses to see examples.
The only reason I asked to describe it is because I wanted to hear from people who already live there, what they think of their town. It's easy for me to say, from the outside looking in, that I love it. However, I've never lived there. Thanks for your help

Old 10-28-2015, 11:46 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,187,271 times
I don't know what you're looking for but there is plenty to pick from in your price range. Go to www.gsmls.com, that's the public MLS site. Select Morris-Montville then put in your price range.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:24 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,085,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Very wealthy town..
This + lots of Asians.

That's all I got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey