Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 07:20 AM

20 posts, read 40,074 times

Advertisements

We are looking to purchase a home with at least 3 bedrooms and 2 baths in a good neighborhood with good schools. I work in the wall street area of manhattan and would like my commute to be approx 1 hour. we have a 4 and 2 year old, so would need good preschool/daycare options that stay open till at least 6pm. We would like to be in a classy and diverse community. I know that Montclair is known to be so, but we are not looking to go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 07:43 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,606,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaAn View Post
We are looking to purchase a home with at least 3 bedrooms and 2 baths in a good neighborhood with good schools. I work in the wall street area of manhattan and would like my commute to be approx 1 hour. we have a 4 and 2 year old, so would need good preschool/daycare options that stay open till at least 6pm. We would like to be in a classy and diverse community. I know that Montclair is known to be so, but we are not looking to go there.

are you looking to buy or rent? i just answered a thread of yours asking about apartments. no offense, but decide what you want before asking, as to not waste people's time.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:02 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,559,124 times
Moderator cut: calling out mod prohibited .... go to GSMLS and look in Frelinghuysen Twp. Warren Co.
Quote:

Old 02-01-2008, 08:10 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,559,124 times
Default Classifieds

D - Have you tried looking through the classified section within this website?You might find something in there : )
Quote:

Old 02-01-2008, 09:21 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,902,143 times
Quote:
I think I answered your thread about rentals in the same area. I recommend those same towns. Bedminster, Bridgewater, Basking Ridge, Warren, Green Brook, Long Hill. Great communities, excellent schools, many day care options. Commute will likely be a little over an hour, depending on how you do it & exactly where in NYC you are.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:25 PM

119 posts, read 551,329 times
I already answered your post about renting but if you're considering buying, I'd look in Glen Ridge. Its pricey but a great town and excellent schools with plenty of NYC professionals and people commuting.

Westfield, Cranford, Summit, Bernards, Wayne (make sure its not a flood zone), Kinnelon.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:48 AM

1,240 posts, read 3,963,794 times
Quote:
If you're looking to purchase in that price range, West Windsor should be on your shopping list. You can surely find houses in your price range with the BR/Bath requirements, schools here are wonderful, diversity is plenty (as are nature, Princeton prestige since the town is also called Princeton Junction) and you can easily ride NJ transit to Newark Penn Station (35 mins in the AM) and switch to a Path train on the other side of the same platform that will take you right to the WTC station in NYC. It's a very easy commute.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:56 PM

10 posts, read 73,838 times
cranford, westfield, millburn, summit. I'd start there.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:14 AM

68 posts, read 293,522 times
Default Livingston

I will be putting my house up on the market in Livingston at the beginning of next month. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, great schools, 1 hour commute to NYC, excellent and reasonable day care and after-school care when the kids get older. In your price range. If you are interested, let me know.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:18 AM

2 posts, read 7,605 times
I have a house in Lafayette, Sussex County , NJ in your price range. It seems to meet your requirements. Four Bedrooms, Large eat-in kitchen, family room, formal dining room, two bath, work shop, laundry room, office, just less than one acre, great school system, easy access to interstate, less than an hour to NYC. If you are interested, let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey