Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 11:20 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
yeah and there are only 11 million illegals in America. I don't take any of these numbers seriously. you cant accurately track illegals, they aren't the most reliable for responding (even though ive seen liars suggest that they have no problem responding to census surveys). they say its 11 million, i bet that magically if they all got amnesty you would see a lot more than 11 million and people will be sooooo baffled by it. sure.

its impressive the stuff people will expect you to believe. "oh illegal aliens actually will respond to census sureys" "if you require ID to vote, black people wont vote!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 12:39 PM

you guys may want to do something I do occasionally. just google "Baghdad bombing" any given day. you will see that there are always new terrorists bombings in Baghdad. this isn't something government wants us noticing. if you do, they would have you believe its "isis." the reality is that it is sunni muslim residents that live in Baghdad doing it. the same deal with paris. it wasn't refugees, it was residents. I am very vocal in my opposition to the US government traveling thousands of miles to murder muslims. but I also think it is in our best interests to minimize the % of our population that follows that religion. oh and if you get a chance, talk to people from those countries online. you can find them on facebook. when you ask them "is it right to kill someone for burning the koran?" they don't say "no, that is terrible to kill someone for that." they say "why would someone burn the koran?" they deflect with a question because they actually do believe its justified to kill someone for burning a book. they don't have the same values that we do.

https://www.google.com/#q=baghdad+bombings&tbm=nws

Old 11-21-2015, 04:40 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,445,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
so Donald trump used some hyperbole. he is Donald trump and people understand that is what he does. isn't America taking in enough "refugees" from our southern border? all of these people get on food stamps, welfare, subsidized housing, Medicaid and every other government program. why would we fly people from about 6,700 miles away to add them to our welfare rolls?
Right because all Latino immigrants are on food stamps, welfare and subsidized housing. I see plenty of Americans both white and black asking people for money on the streets. Even in New Brunswick I haven't encountered Mexican immigrants asking people for money where there are plenty of Mexicans. Many Latino immigrants like immigrants before them work hard and provide a better future for their families. There are "bad apples" in this community just like there are in any other community. Remember that half the people on welfare are actually white. Latinos are also over 15% of the country's population yet they make up less than 11% of those who collect food stamps in this country.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Right because all Latino immigrants are on food stamps, welfare and subsidized housing. I see plenty of Americans both white and black asking people for money on the streets. Even in New Brunswick I haven't encountered Mexican immigrants asking people for money where there are plenty of Mexicans. Many Latino immigrants like immigrants before them work hard and provide a better future for their families. There are "bad apples" in this community just like there are in any other community. Remember that half the people on welfare are actually white. Latinos are also over 15% of the country's population yet they make up less than 11% of those who collect food stamps in this country.
you bring in refugees from Syria and how exactly do you expect them to pay for anything? they all go on public assistance for every need of theirs. don't just reuse your old lines about welfare, you need to update for this particular situation.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:24 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,445,169 times
Quote:
you bring in refugees from Syria and how exactly do you expect them to pay for anything? they all go on public assistance for every need of theirs. don't just reuse your old lines about welfare, you need to update for this particular situation.
You specifically mentioned immigrants from "south of the border" in one of your earlier posts and how they were all on public assistance. I was just stating facts saying how it is not true.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:30 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,224,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
Do you really think comparing two lunatics with an entire culture who's belief is to destroy the American way of life and spread Islam makes any sense? BTW, the two you mention have zero in common other than people were killed.
What bothers me is the fact the cost of relocating these people is in the billions. Now, why is there money for that cause when the funding to help our returning vet's is next to nil? These brave men and women volunteered to serve and protect our way of life and much like Viet Nam, when they returned home, we just about turn our back on them. Until we fulling fund our hero's, let the refugees stay put. And who know's, one or two of then may become a hero themselves.
Yes, it is shameful that we are not funding services for returning vets, but our elected leaders made that decision a long time ago and it has nothing to do with the current wave of refugees. Don't pretend that refugees are taking anything away from vets.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:39 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Agreed, but the first step is to close the borders.
Great idea! Our population (thus, economy) will decline over the next few generations, thanks to below replacement birth rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
I dont think it is appropriate to be bringing in refugees at all. Camps should be set up in the region to house them. Especially with the terrorism issue (which anyone paying attention could have seen coming from a mile away).
Refugees have nothing to do with terrorism. That's your xenophobia and Islamophobia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Immigration as a whole should be done on a more limited basis and we should be taking in only the best and the brightest. Illegal immigration should be taken seriously and ended.

It does not do Americans any good to have large numbers of unskilled immigrants come to this country. Legal immigration of large numbers of unskilled workers drives down wages for American citizens.
WRONG!

Our birth rate is ~1.9, which is less than needed to have a stable population (thus, stable economy). Immigration is not even debateable; it is a requirement for all Western countries to have large amounts of immigrants, otherwise they risk 20+ years of recession like Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
Open borders are going to be the death of us all. Just watch things unfold in Europe. Can't people be smart enough to learn from history. Some people don't want to get along, they want it all.
Europe has no choice. Almost every European country has below replacement level birth rates. If they want to overcome a generation full of recession, they need to accept immigrants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
It is my country and I have a right as a citizen to demand a certain standard of those we decide to admit to our midst, and to reject those who do not meet it.
You have the right to pout, scream, and be a bigot, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Of course they have skills. For example:

-bomb building
-weapons smuggling
-ID forgery
-AK-47 assembly
-mosque-building
-Hiding
At least those require thinking, unlike the irrational bigotry present in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post
I support decisions made with rational mind and based on facts.
I don't think we need these refugees here.
US, we are a melting pot, a country of immigrants, and every-one who comes they are different, but eventually assimilate and become American.
You just contradicted yourself in consecutive sentences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post
As far as vote base, many 1st generation immigrant don't vote liberal.
This has nothing to do with the issue discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkee View Post
We should only accept Syrian Christian refugees. I'm not a Christian in anyway. But I do believe we should only accept Syrian Christian refugees for now. I'm extremely scared of other type of refugees. This is to be responsible for the safety of ourselves, and for the safety of our children.
So, because you're scared of the boogey man under your bed, we should make it a national law?

Get a grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkee View Post
Several Syrian refugees are Paris Attackers that happened last Friday. Don't tell me they are not refugees. They came as refugees, and they are refugees that conduct terror attacks. No stupid political correctness here. Period!
Over 90% of mass shooters are white men. No stupid political correctness here. We should kick out all white men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
What about the Timothy McVeighs and the Dylan Roafs?

Exactly.

Quote:
Do you really think comparing two lunatics with an entire culture who's belief is to destroy the American way of life and spread Islam makes any sense? BTW, the two you mention have zero in common other than people were killed.
Actually, right-wing extremism has a history of costing us U.S. lives, moreso than a bunch of refugees from the Middle East.

Quote:
What bothers me is the fact the cost of relocating these people is in the billions. Now, why is there money for that cause when the funding to help our returning vet's is next to nil? These brave men and women volunteered to serve and protect our way of life and much like Viet Nam, when they returned home, we just about turn our back on them. Until we fulling fund our hero's, let the refugees stay put. And who know's, one or two of then may become a hero themselves.
Because money grows on trees. No, seriously. It is nothing more than digits on a computer screen. The United States can fund any bill of any size at any time. It is called monetary sovereignty.

Quote:
The same way Social Security, Medicare, The Military, and everything else is funded;

The Federal government will simply wire the money into their EBT and other associated accounts. Poof!

Old 11-21-2015, 07:40 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
Yes, it is shameful that we are not funding services for returning vets, but our elected leaders made that decision a long time ago and it has nothing to do with the current wave of refugees. Don't pretend that refugees are taking anything away from vets.
Funny how right-wingers care about vets after the fact, but don't give a damn about sending them to war.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:45 AM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Funny how right-wingers care about vets after the fact, but don't give a damn about sending them to war.
F that. My husband was career military. You don't always know who you're talking to here. I really enjoy participating in the Food Forum. It stops me from being banned here.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:03 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Because war is correct and recommended in certain circumstances. In which case right wingers care about maximizing the chance that the future vets return home safely. Which means equipping them and training them to destroy the enemy efficiently and quickly and return intact. But of course caring for those who get crippled or injured when they return.

The difference between lefties and sensible citizens is that sensible citizens recognize that war and destruction are a correct solution to certain problems, for example, mystical savages exporting their insanity to good people.

And back on topic American citizens have the right to reject populations of dangerous unknown quantities from areas of the world populated largely by zealot mystics who exist on a lower level of civilization and advancement than we do. And who resort to violence and oppression as PART OF THEIR BASIC RELIGIOUS AND MORAL CODE. We are not a landfill for the detritus of other inferior societies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey