Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2015, 04:19 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times

Advertisements

The US government has done many evil things; pretty much any government has and does. But if you think for a moment that there aren't far worse levels of evil, and that those levels aren't achieved by the various Islamic extremists (and governments) in the Middle East, you're out of your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 06:18 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
The US government has done many evil things; pretty much any government has and does. But if you think for a moment that there aren't far worse levels of evil, and that those levels aren't achieved by the various Islamic extremists (and governments) in the Middle East, you're out of your mind.
a lot of that has to do with capability. I'm sure if any of those muslim countries had the same military power as America, they would massacre all the infidels. so yeah, they are more evil. however, at the end of the day America did murder hundreds of thousands of people that never did anything and never were a threat of doing anything to America. i believe that the US government's wars are primarily motivated by money. we have a trillion dollar military and everyone who gets a piece of that trillion dollars gives some back to politicians to push for war. but i don't accept responsibility for it. any compensation that may be given either in the form of financial aid or allowing refugees to live in America puts the burden of compensation on people that aren't responsible for the wars and didn't benefit from the wars.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:45 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
a lot of that has to do with capability. I'm sure if any of those muslim countries had the same military power as America, they would massacre all the infidels. so yeah, they are more evil.
I agree with you on that.

Quote:
i believe that the US government's wars are primarily motivated by money. we have a trillion dollar military and everyone who gets a piece of that trillion dollars gives some back to politicians to push for war.
I think going into Iraq was the biggest mistake we made. It let Russia invade georgia and ukraine. It also let China arm up and prepare to take over the south china sea. That's where the real money is at. The sea lanes. Trade is what keeps the US going since 1776.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:10 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,611,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
What are "those" Muslim countries?

Saudi Arabia which depends on the west for oil revenue?

The UAE which depends on European tourism?

Jordan which has a King calling for more Arab nations to get involved in fighting ISIS?

I wonder what would happen if we offered massive military power to right wing Christians across the south and midwestern USA.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:50 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
I wonder what would happen if we offered massive military power to right wing Christians across the south and midwestern USA.
i think you dont want religious extremists of any religion to have massive military power. however, the middle east didnt become almost entirely islamic because everyone decided that being a muslim was so awesome. it was a process of kill or convert. isis is an important piece of islam that helps ensure it minimizes opposition to islam. the rest of the muslims can be innocent while the extremists cleanse the country of non-muslims. you wont see many complaining about the treatment of non-muslims in their country.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
i think you dont want religious extremists of any religion to have massive military power. however, the middle east didnt become almost entirely islamic because everyone decided that being a muslim was so awesome. it was a process of kill or convert. isis is an important piece of islam that helps ensure it minimizes opposition to islam. the rest of the muslims can be innocent while the extremists cleanse the country of non-muslims. you wont see many complaining about the treatment of non-muslims in their country.
In recent history most of these counties had secular governments. Woman could walk around in skirts and attend college in 1970's Iran or Afghanistan. Then those governments got friendly with the Soviets and the USA decided to provide guns and intelligence to the insurgents who eventually overthrew the secular governments.

We are responsible for allowing militant religious regimes to rise to power in multiple Muslim nations.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:05 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
"I wonder what would happen if we offered massive military power to right wing Christians across the south and midwestern USA."

Daydreaming again? Fear mongering are you?

Your prez just admonished the media to tone down the reporting on violence to meet his talking points that isis is the jv team, AQ is on the run and the video caused benghazi. He's going to slap your hands for being out of step. then again, besmirching christians may be exempted from his stirct limitations on reporting information opposed to his position.

Don't know who the 'right wing christians' are that you reference but if we continue your fantasy and go with the exteme of extreme, you can bet they are armed to the teeth and meet like a bridge club to commiserate, say banned words out loud and shoot paper. not much stomach for beheading, crucifying and taking over the world.

Search the hinterland swamps until you find some self described preacher who burns Korans to keep warm and make him a poster boy for the least probable future behavior of all Christians.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:38 AM

None of those inane ramblings make any sense.

Terrorists can enter our country regardless of if we accept the refugees or not. We already have US citizens right here at home who find common ground with ISIS.

Refusing refugees is just admitting we are losing the paranoia game.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:55 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,864,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
Refusing refugees is just admitting we are losing the paranoia game.
This. Becoming a refugee is a two year vetting process. Entering the country as a tourist involves getting on a plane and lying to a CBP officer on the way in.

If you're a terrorist, which seems easier to you?

Old 11-23-2015, 11:00 AM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
If driving in Jersey wasn't challenging enough

Just kidding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey